2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche absolutely hates him.

He just recognises that he’s extremely weak from a defensive perspective, which is a bit of an issue when you are playing fullback. And as for his supposed attacking proficiency, does it even exist? He was Rangers second choice ffs, a reserve, and we went and spunked 15 million on him 🤦‍♂️

He just recognises that he’s extremely weak from a defensive perspective, which is a bit of an issue when you are playing fullback. And as for his supposed attacking proficiency, does it even exist? He was Rangers second choice ffs, a reserve, and we went and spunked 15 million on him 🤦‍♂️
Really was incredible that a football club as skint as we are to have spent 35 million on two fullbacks worse than the ones we started the season with.

This argument has always been just so dumb.

Really was incredible that a football club as skint as we are to have spent 35 million on two fullbacks worse than the ones we started the season with.

Gerrard had us right off, and could clearly see us for the morons that we are. I think we bid around 10 million at first with no other club showing an interest. Gerrard said no, making out like he was some kind of in demand prodigy, and we duly return with an increased bid, just to make sure we got hold of him.

Yes, we paid £9m for a youngster with potential. Same as most clubs in the league do. It’s how teams make profits.

I think Everton need to be focusing on the here and now, and should be spending what little money they have on players that are upgrades on the players that they are trying to replace.

Wasting money on downgrades that can’t get a game in Scotland never mind England seems a waste of money to me.

What year do you think we will make a profit on Patterson?

I think Everton need to be focusing on the here and now, and should be spending what little money they have on players that are upgrades on the players that they are trying to replace.

Wasting money on reserves that can’t get a game in Scotland never mind England seems a waste of money to me.

What year do you think we will make a profit on Patterson?

Considering he’s 21 and on a 5-year deal we have plenty of time to develop and sell him on. If you can’t see his potential well that’s on you not the club.

Again, stop saying “can’t even get a game in Scotland” it’s making you sound stupid. Understand the context.

Gerrard had us right off, and could clearly see us for the morons that we are. I think we bid around 10 million at first with no other club showing an interest. Gerrard said no, making out like he was some kind of in demand prodigy, and we duly return with an increased bid, just to make sure we got hold of him.
Yeah Gerrard. I'm guessing he had the say in ALL transfer business up there. Utter loony.

Yes, we paid £11m for a youngster with potential. Same as most clubs in the league do. It’s how teams make profits.
People moaning about spending 11m like there are any players worth their salt that cost less in today market.
From what I have seen there is a premier league quality fall back in Paterson, he is young and we will definitely get our transfer fee back on him if we sell him.
Is Dyche worried about playing an inexperienced young fall back with only a hand full of starts in the middle of a relegation battle? Yes.
Is this sensible? Yes.
Does this mean there is no future for Paterson? Absolutely not.

People moaning about spending 11m like there are any players worth their salt that cost less in today market.
From what I have seen there is a premier league quality fall back in Paterson, he is young and we will definitely get our transfer fee back on him if we sell him.
Is Dyche worried about playing an inexperienced young fall back with only a hand full of starts in the middle of a relegation battle? Yes.
Is this sensible? Yes.
Does this mean there is no future for Paterson? Absolutely not.

Sensible post. I think a lot of it boils down to some Everton fans having delusional expectations about the size and quality of our club these days.

Considering he’s 21 and on a 5-year deal we have plenty of time to develop and sell him on. If you can’t see his potential well that’s on you not the club.

Again, stop saying “can’t even get a game in Scotland” it’s making you sound stupid. Understand the context.

Well, in the time period that you think is required for us to eventually sell him on, we are continuing to rely on an ageing Coleman that in truth should have been replaced, and dare I say it, upgraded, years ago!

You’re acting like this ‘potential’ is guaranteed. I don’t think it is, at all. I think he shows far less potential than Jack Rodwell and a plethora of other youngsters that go on to be absolutely crap!

He couldn’t get a game for a half decent team in Scotland, and he still can’t get a game for an ultra crap Everton side. Ben Godfrey (another world class prodigy that is headed for the top) is being selected ahead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back