2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent most of his time on his arse. Same as a Gray and a few others. Whoever is in charge of those sprinklers should be shot.

Really was incredible that a football club as skint as we are to have spent 35 million on two fullbacks worse than the ones we started the season with.
add godfrey and keane in to that and ye lookin on close to 80 mill worth of rubbish although i think patterson could come good

add godfrey and keane in to that and ye lookin on close to 80 mill worth of rubbish although i think patterson could come good
In a vacuum Patterson could've been a good signing. But idk what people are smoking to think that Everton is a club that's going to develop this kid properly. Hes a long term project and we are absolutely horrific at developing kids once they make the senior side, same goes for Garner

Well yes, but why on Earth is that ever an issue? It's like if we had a really talented second choice keeper behind Pickford, who couldn't get a game ahead of the England international, but was still touted by other clubs. Happens all over the world.

Let's leave it here. You think he's crap, I don't, may you always be wrong.

The first reason it matters is because Everton do not have the time to be making big investments on players that are clearly years off possibly becoming good enough. Not when the first team needs upgrading yesterday.

The second reason, and my main point, is because it’s all HYPE, which often does not equate to reality.

Imagine if someone said Godfrey was crap and a bad investment at the time we bought Patterson. People would have gone mad!

The hype thing happens with managers too. People were in love with Lampard not so long ago. Morons telling people to “leg it” for suggesting he was absolutely crap. Others saying that “we need to look at the bigger picture” when discussing whether his dismissal might be in Everton’s best interest.

I am sick to death of HYPE! And in my opinion, hype turns out to be tripe at least 75% of the time, especially with Everton.

I do not buy into the hype over Patterson. I think he has been an awful purchase.

Yes, we paid £11m for a youngster with potential. Same as most clubs in the league do. It’s how teams make profits.

There's also the small matter of Patterson playing in the same position as the club captain who was clearly highly commited to Rangers (has since signed a new deal)

Patterson obviously had too much potential to be a reserve at Rangers (money is way tighter near the top of the SPL than at the bottom of the EPL)...

If he'd not come to Everton he'd have gone somewhere else... It's possible that it might have been better for both the player and Everton if that had been the case

Everton needed to fill a highly experienced Coleman shaped hole and seem to have plugged it with an up and coming future prospect

You don't see Calvin Ramsay getting into the Liverpool first team yet no one there is all over him as if he should be doing better

I thought Patterson did well at the start of the season after a run of games.
It’s been a bit start stop for him in fairness since his injuries.
I still think if he played in front of Seamus he would solidify that side and be decent going forward.

The first reason it matters is because Everton do not have the time to be making big investments on players that are clearly years off possibly becoming good enough. Not when the first team needs upgrading yesterday.

The second reason, and my main point, is because it’s all HYPE, which often does not equate to reality.

Imagine if someone said Godfrey was crap and a bad investment at the time we bought Patterson. People would have gone mad!

The hype thing happens with managers too. People were in love with Lampard not so long ago. Morons telling people to “leg it” for suggesting he was absolutely crap. Others saying that “we need to look at the bigger picture” when discussing whether his dismissal might be in Everton’s best interest.

I am sick to death of HYPE! And in my opinion, hype turns out to be tripe at least 75% of the time, especially with Everton.

I do not buy into the hype over Patterson. I think he has been an awful purchase.
Think he will be good after time coleman had a rough start to, was starting to nail being first choice rb when he had a run of games. Worried that he does seem to get injured alot, hopefully can get a good pre season and show why he was bought in. Is too soon to write him off as a bad signing
In a vacuum Patterson could've been a good signing. But idk what people are smoking to think that Everton is a club that's going to develop this kid properly. Hes a long term project and we are absolutely horrific at developing kids once they make the senior side, same goes for Garner

My word. Jack Rodwell is a prime example of a hyped up youngster that went on to be an absolutely crap no mark. One of many. Especially at Everton, who seem to go absolutely wild over any young player that is capable of completing a pass forward.

He seldom got a game for Rangers. He was their reserve right back, only playing on the few occasions that their first choice was unavailable. He’s now third choice in an ultra crap Everton side, behind the young prodigy Ben Godfrey, who everyone was raving about just a couple of years ago.
It doesnt matter where he played. He cant defend and he cant play football. What does he do on a premier league football pitch?

It doesnt matter where he played. He cant defend and he cant play football. What does he do on a premier league football pitch?

Hello wondering if you’ll ever get round to responding to me post.

A cursory glance at your posting history suggests you only post when he's had an off day. Zero posts from you before his injury when he was great like in the derby. Interesting.

Osman Hibbert Rooney Anichebe Coleman Rodwell Barkley Stones Holgate Calvert Lewin Gordon

All came through the academy or were bought as youngsters from lower leagues requiring development. Some of them weren’t the best players in the world but it’s nonsense to say we’re horrific at developing young players.

What’s more the problem is we’ve given young players who weren’t good enough far too many chances like Davies Kenny Dowell Gosling Pennington McAleny Galloway Browning

We probably did badly by a couple like Robinson and Lookman but there’s not loads ripping it up somewhere else

Osman Hibbert Rooney Anichebe Coleman Rodwell Barkley Stones Holgate Calvert Lewin Gordon

All came through the academy or were bought as youngsters from lower leagues requiring development. Some of them weren’t the best players in the world but it’s nonsense to say we’re horrific at developing young players.

What’s more the problem is we’ve given young players who weren’t good enough far too many chances like Davies Kenny Dowell Gosling Pennington McAleny Galloway Browning

We probably did badly by a couple like Robinson and Lookman but there’s not loads ripping it up somewhere else
If you're having to go back 20 years for some decent examples then that suggests we probably haven't been doing that well recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back