2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
….Kenny is woeful for a full back, he has absolutely no powers of recovery. Once your past him he’s out of the game.

Somebody on here will recall, but there was a game at Goodison where Patterson recovered at the Park End to stop a certain goal. He’s not a speedster but he’s a powerful runner. It’s something he should exploit from an attacking perspective because he’s difficult to stop in full stride.

if Coleman is out, the others carry much greater risk, regardless of the loss of leadership quality.
I don’t recall that recovery you mention, but the thing that sticks in my mind was that injury time goal Wolves scored. Patterson headed the ball in , the move broke down , Wolves started to attack . Their left back was behind Patterson at that stage but he rapidly overtook him and put 20 yards on him before netting the winner. Patterson was left totally floundering in his wake, I must admit that’s the first time I’ve had serious doubts about Patterson and I saw none of the “ powerful runner” you mention . I’m hoping that was just a blip , but it’s stayed with me since that match.

Signed under Benitez...was about to debut for Lampard but got injured.

Started for Lampard...got injured...back under Dyche

I make it 1 manager...Dyche. who btw is making some bizarre decisions.
I assume he’s including at rangers and it’s pretty obviously a valid point. He struggled to break in at rangers and he’s struggled to break in here, at some point you do have to consider that it might not be a mad coincidence.

I assume he’s including at rangers and it’s pretty obviously a valid point. He struggled to break in at rangers and he’s struggled to break in here, at some point you do have to consider that it might not be a mad coincidence.

You'd have to be daft to consider Rangers.

You'd have to be daft to consider Rangers.
I don’t really see why. I’m not having a go at him, just saying I agree that the fact he’s seemingly never managed to convince any of his managers that he’s ready to play is somewhat concerning. I think you’d have to be daft to put it all down to bad luck to be honest, but each to their own.

Gerrard, Van Bronkhorst, Lampard, Ferguson, Dyche, Clarke all have had him as second choice.

Rangers don't drop their captain and best player for 19-year old, shocked.

Lampard made him a starter as soon as he was fully fit.

Ferguson? He was caretaker for one game a few weeks after Patterson had joined the club, shocked.

Dyche seemingly doesn't rate him (that's 1)

Clarke, I don't know too much about Scotland, but from a glance has played him almost every game he's been available for since his full debut.

Clutching at straws would be an understatement.

If Patterson has been fit and playing regular club football then he's been first choice for Scotland

There's a very odd phenomenon that seems to occur on some football forums where if the team isn't doing well on the whole then individuals will start to make exagerated derogetory comments about their own players

Even players who are in fact quite probably doing very little wrong...

I guess misery loves company

I don’t really see why. I’m not having a go at him, just saying I agree that the fact he’s seemingly never managed to convince any of his managers that he’s ready to play is somewhat concerning. I think you’d have to be daft to put it all down to bad luck to be honest, but each to their own.

I concur with @Nymzee

surely he should play a right back at right instead of trying to shoehorn another centre half in there , we already get nothing going forward from our left back now we’ll have nothing from the right either ( holgate will probably score now )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back