2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patterson is pretty inexperienced in general and especially when it comes to fighting a relegation battle

It could be pretty harmful for the player and Dyche if he were to be used and make a mistake that lost a game in the current situation

Dyche is playing it very safe

If we do survive it'll be interesting to see what happens with Nathan in the summer
And Holgate is?

Must be a massive dent to the lads confidence to be put behind Holgate and Godfrey. Especially since one had an absolutely shocking game and the other got a daft red card

I dont think he is brilliant but I dont understand how he is not the best available option right now. I think the manager has got it totally wrong and is falling into the old trap of thinking experience is all that matters.

Must be a massive dent to the lads confidence to be put behind Holgate and Godfrey. Especially since one had an absolutely shocking game and the other got a daft red card

I dont think he is brilliant but I dont understand how he is not the best available option right now. I think the manager has got it totally wrong and is falling into the old trap of thinking experience is all that matters.

....if he’s of the right mind, he’s got a massive point to prove.

Holgate is 26 and has been with Everton since 2015 playing 124 games for the club in that time

He was here and getting games last season when we weren't that far from the drop

Patterson is 21, has been with Everton since last year/2022 and has only played 15 times for the club in total
Holgate has a bit of experience of putting us in a relegation scrap. We should be learning our lesson.

Patterson is all over the place tactically. I think Holgate played well today. His lack of match sharpness cost him with the red but he was part of a defence that in reality didn't look like conceding to an in form team today

I don’t think it’s dyche being hung up on experience, I’d guess it’s more likely that he doesn’t believe Patterson is capable of following his instructions. I said the same last year, I know an ex Everton player who always said the one thing moyes valued above anything else was trusting that you could be trusted to do the job you were given. Lampard didn’t put Patterson in last season and now dyche isn’t either. The logical conclusion is that they’re not confident he can do the job, but I see we’re determined to make out like they’ve decided to leave out prime Cafu instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back