2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I also called tark out to my friends thought he was poor last night, every player can be called out if you think they have been poor. The thing with keane is frustration can have great games but problem is him switching off and letting mistakes get to him
Whenever something goes wrong and Keane is on the pitch, it normally comes from him.

He’s just got the jinx on him.

Patterson was poor last night, but honestly who wasn’t?

Young and Coleman both would have stepped up to take a penalty before allowing a team mate who's shots are more likely to end up in the Upper Gwladys than the back of the net take one.

Imagine GOT if Nathan Patterson had taken one of the pens and missed :D

Head-Ex.gif

Young has been poor. Really poor.

15 league appearances and has:
1 red card
2 errors leading to goals
1 own goal
1 penalty conceded.

Not sure why he gets excused from that while Keane gets pelters for every mistake he makes. And Patterson gets a tonne of grief for being dribbled past a total of twice last night while making 4 successful tackles from his 6 attempted.

Patterson has a lot of work to do to be the standard we need consistently. But he is learning and is young enough to be able to do so. he was poor in the first half yesterday. But he was much better second half.
Patterson's been getting grief even when he's not playing to be fair to him.

Some achievement, almost as if it's not his play that people don't like him for.

Haha okay mate, for sure.

You, Davek and his boyfriend Charlie would've been here waxing lyrical about how crap he is and how he should be binned forever and not take another pen ever lol

I would objectively critique his penalty in the same way people have the rest of the team. If he skipped and pranced up to the ball and rolled it to their keeper I'd be pretty unimpressed but he doesn't come across as the type to take a penalty that way, which makes it more of a shame that, for whatever reason, he didn't take one.

Going off on a tangent, penalties is always a funny one, Roberto Baggio scored over a 100 penalties in his career but people remember him for the one he missed in the World Cup final in 94.

Same as Stuart Pearce, not to Baggio's levels but he took and scored lots of penalties in his career but again people remember him for the one he missed in Italia 90 and then the redemption when he scored in Euro 96.

I would objectively critique his penalty in the same way people have the rest of the team. If he skipped and pranced up to the ball and rolled it to their keeper I'd be pretty unimpressed but he doesn't come across as the type to take a penalty that way, which makes it more of a shame that, for whatever reason, he didn't take one.
Let's get this correct - you are analysing a pen Patterson never took = a pathetic post keep posting them ..
if Patterson is selected away at Spurs & has a mare - I will post so acurrately .

Let's get this correct - you are analysing a pen Patterson never took = a pathetic post keep posting them ..
if Patterson is selected away at Spurs & has a mare - I will post so acurrately .
Same, he plays badly I critique, he plays good I praise, it's a simple world for me.

I was replying to a post someone made to me about a hypothetical penalty actually.