Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said, ok mate.

Godfrey wasn't a footballer for about a year and recently played in 2 games - naturally, this sends Patterson, who's started about 20, out of the team, out of the training ground and just gets rocketed off to the moon.

Young is an atrocious option and I have no idea how anyone can recommend this without actually taking the piss.

Even based on stats/metrics Patterson is doing better than Coleman, on a bigger sample size, and Coleman can't seem to last 2 games.

Dyche hates youth and prefers ExPerIenCe, which all 3 have, unless pushed to do anything about it. We will suffer from this inane logic in both the short and long term.

"Like the lad" though, I guess.
Even though Dyche plays Branthwaite, Mykolenko, Onana, Garner and McNeill in just about every game, as you have said he has played Patterson in over 20, Dobbin in about ten and left Pickford on the bench while playing Virginia.....but he doesn't want to play young players??????

Lampard also started him every match he was fit. Not a wringing endorsement of a player from a terrible manager, but none the less another manager who has rated him. Considering Charlie wants Neil Lennon as our manager, and doesn't rate Dyche at all, it's an interesting angle he's now taken.

The best way to sort this is for Nathan to play games and defend brilliantly. That's all everyone wants.

Even though Dyche plays Branthwaite, Mykolenko, Onana, Garner and McNeill in just about every game, as you have said he has played Patterson in over 20, Dobbin in about ten and left Pickford on the bench while playing Virginia.....but he doesn't want to play young players??????
Absolutely, yes.

I'm bored of explaining it honestly.

Branthaiwate - last year instantly replaced him with Keane the first SECOND Keane was fit. Hasn't done it more this year cuz backlash and obviously he has no choice, so instead we go 3 at the back to occasionally fit Keane now.

Mykolenko - openly admitted Young was gonna be playing LB, but 1) we have no other actual LB and 2) Mykolenko's having a good season.

Onana, Garner - we started off with 1 of them and Gana in midfield being LAW before the thought even crossed his mind, coincidence right? Nah, it'll be the same now til the end of the season.

McNeil is a lad from his Burnley days and he is absolutely undroppable, even when in shocking form.

Dobbin with his 5 min every 4 games, definitely given such a huge chance.

Virginia played 3 cup games as he's our "cup goalkeeper" lol

I'll throw in Patterson there too - doesn't get game time because Young and Coleman *have* to play there, now he's put a CB at RB because he has a right foot and is "experienced". Just like it was last year - Holgate at RB despite the fact he was horrid and cost us goals.

Unless he has no other choice - he will not play younger players. Even then, youth for Dyche starts at 24 or so anyway.

The best way to sort this is for Nathan to play games and defend brilliantly. That's all everyone wants.
Why are you judging him by a different set of standards to anyone else we have played at right back this season?

As you praise them massively even though they don’t defend “brilliantly”.

Agenda driven or wumming.

Last edited:

Why are you judging him by a different set of standards to anyone else we have played at right back this season?

As you praise them massively even though they don’t defend “brilliantly”.

Agenda driven or wumming.

Not in the slightest. I just don't think he has defended well when he plays. His positioning and mental aspects seem sometimes a bit short. Hence my feeling he needs a good run of games on loan. I note the Turkish window is still open. Maybe that's an option. As I said pages back he came across to where I was sitting in the city game at the end. Seemed salt of the earth as I said at the time.

Absolutely, yes.

Branthaiwate - last year instantly replaced him with Keane the first SECOND Keane was fit. Hasn't done it more this year cuz backlash and obviously he has no choice, so instead we go 3 at the back to occasionally fit Keane now.

Mykolenko - openly admitted Young was gonna be playing LB, but 1) we have no other actual LB and 2) Mykolenko's having a good season.

Onana, Garner - we started off with 1 of them and Gana in midfield being LAW before the thought even crossed his mind, coincidence right? Nah, it'll be the same now til the end of the season.

McNeil is a lad from his Burnley days and he is absolutely undroppable, even when in shocking form.

I'll throw in Patterson there too - doesn't get game time because Young and Coleman *have* to play there, now he's put a CB at RB because he has a right foot and is "experienced". Just like it was last year - Holgate at RB despite the fact he was horrid and cost us goals.

Unless he has no other choice - he will not play younger players. Even then, youth for Dyche starts at 24 or so anyway.

It's almost as if he's playing the best players, regardless of age.

It's almost as if he's playing the best players, regardless of age.
Loved it when he played the best player for the position - regardless of age or experience - in Ashley Young, who definitely didn't instantly get himself red cards and cost us goals and points. Then served his red card and was straight back as a RB to do the same, until the criticisms were too loud.

Not in the slightest. I just don't think he has defended well when he plays. His positioning and mental aspects seem sometimes a bit short. Hence my feeling he needs a good run of games on loan. I note the Turkish window is still open. Maybe that's an option. As I said pages back he came across to where I was sitting in the city game at the end. Seemed salt of the earth as I said at the time.
We see through you.

Loved it when he played the best player for the position - regardless of age or experience - in Ashley Young, who definitely didn't instantly get himself red cards and cost us goals and points. Then served his red card and was straight back as a RB to do the same, until the criticisms were too loud.

It's almost as if he sets a lineup, receives more information, then makes changes. Just like any other manager.

Absolutely, yes.

Branthwaite wasn't even at us last season lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back