2023/24 Nathan Patterson

I see where you're coming from, but, to be fair, we could have prime Cafu in the squad and he wouldn't be able to attack in Dyche's system where full backs can never be more than 10 yards away from a centre back for more than 5 minutes a game. If Dyche isn't winning it is very difficult to put up with his system.

I was saying we don't have capable full backs before Dyche - especially in the final third so I can't blame him now for seeing the same.

If we had Digne/Baines not crossing the half way line I'd be slating him.

As is, he's playing % football to keep us in the league. Its not pretty but I'll take that medicine with this squad for now if it works.

I was saying we don't have capable full backs before Dyche - especially in the final third so I can't blame him now for seeing the same.

If we had Digne/Baines not crossing the half way line I'd be slating him.

As is, he's playing % football to keep us in the league. Its not pretty but I'll take that medicine with this squad for now if it works.
No, it's not pretty Dan, I don't think it will keep us up either and that's when it becomes unacceptable. I've said all along that at least he is a better manager than the two before him, but, after the past four months, I'm not so sure that he is. I will say one thing though, he is pretty much as dislikeable as Benitez and Allardyce were. Never an Everton manager while he's got a hole in his backside.

No, it's not pretty Dan, I don't think it will keep us up either and that's when it becomes unacceptable. I've said all along that at least he is a better manager than the two before him, but, after the past four months, I'm not so sure that he is. I will say one thing though, he is pretty much as dislikeable as Benitez and Allardyce were. Never an Everton manager while he's got a hole in his backside.

To be fair - it has kept us up without deductions that weren't on him.

Surprised by comparisons to Benitez and Allardyce considering we sat 19th with Arsenal, RS coming up and universally wrote off as "down" when he come in.

If he keeps us up - I'll always be grateful.

To be fair - it has kept us up without deductions that weren't on him.

Surprised by comparisons to Benitez and Allardyce considering we sat 19th with Arsenal, RS coming up and universally wrote off as "down" when he come in.

If he keeps us up - I'll always be grateful.
It's progressive though, he has totally lost his way here in the last 4 months, it's impossible to say definitively why, but, my guess is that it is a mixture of other teams sussing us out and Dyche being unable to come up with a plan B, preferring to just do the same thing week after week in the hope it miraculously fixes itself, and then players being unable, or unwilling to continue to run a marathon week after week. Whatever the reason, it has been very much relegation form since before Christmas .

It's progressive though, he has totally lost his way here in the last 4 months, it's impossible to say definitively why, but, my guess is that it is a mixture of other teams sussing us out and Dyche being unable to come up with a plan B, preferring to just do the same thing week after week in the hope it miraculously fixes itself, and then players being unable, or unwilling to continue to run a marathon week after week. Whatever the reason, it has been very much relegation form since before Christmas .

We've gone through prolonged relegation form for 3 years now.

Maybe we're just a bit crap? A team that should be around 15th in the league.

I'd have taken that before the season, I'd take it now and I'd take it again next season.

I'd take just having any sort of plan A. I'm not sure we have the squad for plan B. If any first team player is out it's very rare we have anyone else to come in.

We've gone through prolonged relegation form for 3 years now.

Maybe we're just a bit crap? A team that should be around 15th in the league.

I'd have taken that before the season, I'd take it now and I'd take it again next season.

I'd take just having any sort of plan A. I'm not sure we have the squad for plan B. If any first team player is out it's very rare we have anyone else to come in.
Have to agree to disagree, it was appalling before Christmas, but just about bearable as we were getting some points.

Since mid December it has been as bad as anything I have seen over a sustained period In 60 years watching Everton.

We are a torture to watch and then we have to endure Dyche telling us, in his after match interviews, that we were actually very good, or occasionally blaming the players. He really is not good enough and whether we survive or not, he has to go in the summer.

Have to agree to disagree, it was appalling before Christmas, but just about bearable as we were getting some points.

Since mid December it has been as bad as anything I have seen over a sustained period In 60 years watching Everton.

We are a torture to watch and then we have to endure Dyche telling us, in his after match interviews, that we were actually very good, or occasionally blaming the players. He really is not good enough and whether we survive or not, he has to go in the summer.

Whoever replaces him will have the same team.

Whoever replaces him will have us in a relegation fight.

Why?

Well, because like I've been saying for long before Dyche. This team is relegation fodder. It's not got the goals in it and that dictates bad news.

So if Dyche is here next season, we need a handful of new attacking players to give us pace/ability in the final third. Without that, we'll be in the same boat. If we go down, this team and it's depth wouldn't come back up, either.

But yeah - agree to disagree. Also just twigged this is the Patterson thread so we've gone away from that a tad.

Whoever replaces him will have the same team.

Whoever replaces him will have us in a relegation fight.

Why?

Well, because like I've been saying for long before Dyche. This team is relegation fodder. It's not got the goals in it and that dictates bad news.

So if Dyche is here next season, we need a handful of new attacking players to give us pace/ability in the final third. Without that, we'll be in the same boat. If we go down, this team and it's depth wouldn't come back up, either.

But yeah - agree to disagree. Also just twigged this is the Patterson thread so we've gone away from that a tad.
Haha, I'd forgotten that too. Mind you I'll probably get away with being off topic when I'm talking to the boss.