2023/24 Nathan Patterson

It's clear to see the turning point in the season for Nathan. A near permanent fixture in the back for from the start of the season, trusted implicitly by Dyche and given the opportunity to nail down the RB slot for years to come. Chelsea come to town and we record a hard fought win, rather than celebrate with his jubilant teammates in the centre circle Patterson goads a crestfallen Nicolas Jackson who's sitting bereft on the Goodison turf before ambling off chuckling to himself. What followed was the most spectacular falling out of a backside top level sport has witnessed for many years, the stadium still packed to the rafters and a global audience watched as Jackson reacted - Patterson was stunned and only saved by the fact he'd reached the safety of the middle of the pitch where Branthwaite and McNeil were able to wade in and save him.

cekik-nathan-patterson-nicolas-jackson-terbebas-dari-hukuman.jpg

He was nursed through the subsequent match by Tarkowski and Harrison but his confidence was shot. Opposing managers identified him as a weak link and hammered us down our right flank. We haemorrhaged goals in the matches that followed and he was taken out of the firing line for his and the team's safety.

IMG_20240420_105649.jpg

He disappeared into obscurity, spending most of the season lower down the pecking order than Andy Lonergan yet the fanboys on here cling onto the hope that he's our saviour - understandable in some ways, we're all searching for a beacon of hope in these seemingly never ending dark days but I'm sorry to say Nathan is not the answer. We were sold a pup.

I see where you're coming from, but, to be fair, we could have prime Cafu in the squad and he wouldn't be able to attack in Dyche's system where full backs can never be more than 10 yards away from a centre back for more than 5 minutes a game. If Dyche isn't winning it is very difficult to put up with his system.

An obvious prediction:

Hes toast. Either sold or loaned.

He may become Cafu...he may not

But the absolute piss drinking right backs we have tell me he should have gotten more starts

It's clear to see the turning point in the season for Nathan. A near permanent fixture in the back for from the start of the season, trusted implicitly by Dyche and given the opportunity to nail down the RB slot for years to come. Chelsea come to town and we record a hard fought win, rather than celebrate with his jubilant teammates in the centre circle Patterson goads a crestfallen Nicolas Jackson who's sitting bereft on the Goodison turf before ambling off chuckling to himself. What followed was the most spectacular falling out of a backside top level sport has witnessed for many years, the stadium still packed to the rafters and a global audience watched as Jackson reacted - Patterson was stunned and only saved by the fact he'd reached the safety of the middle of the pitch where Branthwaite and McNeil were able to wade in and save him.

View attachment 253517

He was nursed through the subsequent match by Tarkowski and Harrison but his confidence was shot. Opposing managers identified him as a weak link and hammered us down our right flank. We haemorrhaged goals in the matches that followed and he was taken out of the firing line for his and the team's safety.

View attachment 253518

He disappeared into obscurity, spending most of the season lower down the pecking order than Andy Lonergan yet the fanboys on here cling onto the hope that he's our saviour - understandable in some ways, we're all searching for a beacon of hope in these seemingly never ending dark days but I'm sorry to say Nathan is not the answer. We were sold a pup.

tbf he didn't even start that Chelsea game. He came on for an injured Ashley Young who was right back after 40 odd minutes.

He did - in the Championship, where he was easily getting over 10 assists. Then in the Prem Trippier started every game, got 4 assists and nothing.

They haven't, but the only time they've looked good (and Mykolenko even bagged a few) has been when they at least attempt an overlap, but this happens once a game as we can't be having that.

Dyche 10 years ago and in a different league isn't Dyche today, no idea how it's even a comparison. Currently he's picking the "experienced" option every single time and you know it. Hell, we started the season with Young at LB because Mykolenko wasn't experienced lol

Myko was injured wasn't he? He's started every game since September he's been fit for.

View attachment 253517

View attachment 253518

Jesus wept. Really reaching here.

Trusted implicitly, permanent fixture? He started 4 games and then was used as a sub. But I see you have cut that part of the table off.

Love the whole Chelsea supposedly being a turning point and started haemorrhaging goals after that.

Even though the next game we kept a clean sheet. And then went up against spurs away and City at home. As if it’s all his fault we lost those games 😂 (note that we conceded 2 against spurs in the reverse and lost to city again without him, is that his fault as well?)

All your table shows is that overall our results are worse when we don’t play him at all.

And you claim you’ve never had an agenda. So either you do, or you are wumming again.

Last edited:
He's an irrelevancy to us now tbf.

Played his last game for us IMO.

I won't comment on him again in this thread beyond today because the evidence is in and he's not been up to the move.

An utter waste of time and money. Hopefully he plays in the Euros and we can shift him on in the summer for a decent fee.

He's an irrelevancy to us now tbf.

Played his last game for us IMO.

I won't comment on him again in this thread beyond today because the evidence is in and he's not been up to the move.

An utter waste of time and money. Hopefully he plays in the Euros and we can shift him on in the summer for a decent fee.

Yeh this is never happening.

View attachment 253517

View attachment 253518

What could have gone through your mind to write such a pathetic post...

Yes I definitely agree with you and stuff like that makes the real criticisms seem less valid too because it just looks like you’ve got it in for him blaming for everything.
Come on. An inability to positively and effectively manage young and emerging talent is a key competency for a modern, progressive manager. Especially so for a club in the state ours is currently in. Dyche's reflex is to always turn to old guard. This reflects something about him and doesn't serve us well. My point would be further underlined if any of these three nailed on pens against Youngy would have been given on Saturday.

Come on. An inability to positively and effectively manage young and emerging talent is a key competency for a modern, progressive manager. Especially so for a club in the state ours is currently in. Dyche's reflex is to always turn to old guard. This reflects something about him and doesn't serve us well. My point would be further underlined if any of these three nailed on pens against Youngy would have been given on Saturday.
Thats got absolutely nothing to do with what I said and if you think all 3 pens were nailed on I think your understanding of football needs some work. Obviously you don't though and would just rather make it sound that way to continue an agenda.