2024/25 Nathan Patterson

Going to have to be more specific there when it comes to being injured. Maybe he was first choice 3 years ago but Hickey plays RB ahead of him when he was fit and they play Ralston ahead of him too now.

Lampard didn't play him either and he loved Gordon so he clearly wasn't "wary of playing younger players". Maybe, just maybe, he's actually crap and not good enough for Premier League football.
Dont get your argument here tbh.

Is he great? No
Has anyone said otherwise? No
Is he astronomically better than Coleman and young though? Yes

Dont get your argument here tbh.

Is he great? No
Has anyone said otherwise? No
Is he astronomically better than Coleman and young though? Yes
He literally hasn't shown that he is, that's my point.

They're all crap and Patterson's the worst of the lot which is saying something. I'd rather play Dixon than him and he's played 1 game in his career.

So you think patterson when playing has been worse than young?

I cannot take anything you say seriously if you think that.
Young's utter crap but he played the most in the 4th best defence last season.

Patterson didn't play at all.

As I said originally, the less you play for Everton the better you become to our fans. A couple more losses and people will be calling for Onyango to get recalled and play.

Young's utter crap but he played the most in the 4th best defence last season.

Patterson didn't play at all.

As I said originally, the less you play for Everton the better you become to our fans. A couple more losses and people will be calling for Onyango to get recalled and play.
No one actually rates patterson that highly though, it's about people watching Coleman and young stink out the gaff every week.

It's not patterson not playing that's made people want him in, it's watching Coleman and young every week.

Going to have to be more specific there when it comes to being injured. Maybe he was first choice 3 years ago but Hickey plays RB ahead of him when he was fit and they play Ralston ahead of him too now.

Its debateable, as Hickey is the one professional football player that has been out injured longer than Patterson its seems. As far as us Scotland fans are concerned, we've written Hickey off as dead. Both are never really available for selection and certainly not at the same time.

When Paterson was fit, he was Clarks first choice. Thursday night proved Ralston is a bomb scare of a footballer and shouldn't be in Celtics team never mind the national team. Paterson hasn't had enough game time at Everton to improve for.. reasons. But given we haven't signed another RB he should be first choice and given the chance to develop like Myko has.

Think he needs to stay fit first and foremost, doesn’t matter if he can’t do that, has looked worryingly injury prone. Don’t think he’s Sean Dyche cup of tea either, wants to play out of defence and wants to get forward - Dyche doesn’t like that. A more attacking coach or one who didn’t want his fullback playing as an outside centre half might give him more time but don’t see Dyche giving him games in his system, even if fit.

Had he been given the number of chances Myko got, while stinking the gaff out, on the other side we’d have seen improvement but injuries have got in the way and you also need a manager who puts trust in you. Doesn’t look like it will work out for him here unfortunately.

Don't think Patterson has ever done anything worthy of being completely written off as "crap". But this is the issue of blooding young players into a toxic environment. Having a 35 year old full back, a 39 year old full back and a 22 year old full back is the sign of a poorly run club. Patterson should be playing back-up to a player in the prime years of his career.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.