NCAA (US College) Sports

Aaaaand, there’s the Tennessee I’ve come to know and love these past two decades.

Regardless, this season has been a smashing success. We just don’t belong on the same field as UGA at this point. They’re on a whole other level talent-wise.
Just too fast at the corner and end positions for you, on the day.

Good chance you still get into the playoff if you win out, which you should. Figure right now it's GA, one of OSU/UM, the Pac-12 winner if they win out and somebody. If TCU drops a game, that's you and not them. Ditto if the Pac-12 falls into chaos, which it usually does.

I'm discovering here's some completely fantastic names in college footy

The Marshall Thundering Herd
Nebraska Cornhuskers
Minnesota Golden Gophers
New Mexico Lobos
Oklahoma Sooners

With players like

General Booty
Boogie Knight
Tank Bigsby
Decoldest Crawford
Juice Scruggs
Fish McWilliams
Bumper Pool
New Zealand Williams

What are you people smoking over there??? lol
Fun fact, Nebraska used to to be called the Bugeaters. They should bring that back and see if it helps them stop sucking so much each year.

They weren’t ever true National Championship contenders, but still just an absolutely devastating night for Tennessee. Blown out by South Carolina to squander a playoff opportunity that probably only comes around once in a generation at most. Sugar Bowl is also almost certainly off the table. Twenty five years later, and you still can’t “Citrus” without a “UT”. Add to that our Heisman contender QB probably tearing his ACL and costing himself millions of dollars in the draft next year, and I honestly don’t know how it could have been any worse.

Meanwhile, nice win for your Razorbacks tonight @RAFUH.

They weren’t ever true National Championship contenders, but still just an absolutely devastating night for Tennessee. Blown out by South Carolina to squander a playoff opportunity that probably only comes around once in a generation at most. Sugar Bowl is also almost certainly off the table. Twenty five years later, and you still can’t “Citrus” without a “UT”. Add to that our Heisman contender QB probably tearing his ACL and costing himself millions of dollars in the draft next year, and I honestly don’t know how it could have been any worse.

To put it mildly, I dislike the south and I am just not in to college football like I used to be. But I have always wanted to get to Knoxville for a game. I've always had good experiences with Tennessee fans.

Meanwhile this USC/UCLA game is good. Like this UCLA QB.

Twenty five years later, and you still can’t “Citrus” without a “UT”.
Remains the best bit of shade one coach has ever thrown at another. Got right down in your DNA.

Add to that our Heisman contender QB probably tearing his ACL and costing himself millions of dollars in the draft next year, and I honestly don’t know how it could have been any worse.

Oooh, that is a nice scalp that guarantees bowl eligibility.

Really unfortunate about the QB. Looked like a poorly-maintained-turf injury, but that field is grass.

College football for non-Americans factoid:

This is the Land Grant trophy. It is given to the winner of the Penn State-Michigan State game. A long and storied not manufactured at all rivalry that dates back about 20 years or so. The trophy is a National Historical Landmark which means it cannot be torn down.

Screen-Shot-2022-11-26-at-12-27-49-PM.png

It was always going to be at best a fairy tale season for the Bayou Bengals. At least people seem to be settled on liking Brian Kelly, and maybe he can build something good for next year. Still a few games left, but realistically we aren't going to see a win over Georgia.

College football for non-Americans factoid:

This is the Land Grant trophy. It is given to the winner of the Penn State-Michigan State game. A long and storied not manufactured at all rivalry that dates back about 20 years or so. The trophy is a National Historical Landmark which means it cannot be torn down.

Screen-Shot-2022-11-26-at-12-27-49-PM.png
I'll see you and raise you one Bronze Boot - trophy for Wyoming's ongoing triumphs over Colorado State....
As the main component of the Border War rivalry, the football rivalry series revolves around the Bronze Boot - a traveling trophy awarded to the winner of the CSU-Wyoming football game each year.
1669672619977.webp
In 1968, the ROTC detachments of the respective schools initiated the Bronze Boot. The boot was worn in the Vietnam War by Cpt. Dan J. Romero, an Adams State College graduate and Army ROTC instructor at CSU between 1967 and 1969. Each year leading up to the Colorado State–Wyoming game, the game ball is carried in a running shuttle relay by the ROTC detachment of the visiting team along US 287 to the Colorado–Wyoming border, where the home team's ROTC detachment receives it and runs the game ball to the stadium hosting the game. The trophy is guarded by the ROTC unit of the past year's winning school during the game.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back