NCAA (US College) Sports

I might pump the brakes on writing Alabama’s obituary just yet. It’s only early September and they’re still in complete control of their own destiny this season. If the past 15 years have taught me anything, it’s that much like in Jurassic Park, “Alabama finds a way.”

With that said, it may turn out that NIL has hurt Alabama (and Clemson) more than most anyone else. Under the old rules, the programs that had the most success were the ones who were good at paying players without anyone finding out. Now that everyone is able to just pay them out in the open, it may have substantially leveled the playing field.
They can feel the earth moving under their feet in Bama with the ongoing shift. NIL and the portal makes the old paradigm just that.

Not a fan of the Red elephants, so I'm loving it. Anything less than eleven wins is like the end of the world for those folks, and I'm wondering if they're going to make it there this year. We'll know in a few weeks.

Looks like the term of contract for Nick Saban's soul has expired before Nick, which is a good thing.
It's been awhile since your Horns looked that good. Enjoy that SEC.

Meanwhile, this was FSU band's halftime show this week. No letup on LSU. None.

I'm trying to figure out where they land. They're tied at the hip with Clemson, and they'll both jump the same place when the time comes.
376838680_798325025419725_2199717514183096296_n.jpg
The Alabama game last year as well as the Oklahoma thrashing (49-0) gave us a glimpse of what they can be. It's the maddening inconsistency Sark has to address.

Y'all Seminoles that know one of y'all that's been living right? You know who I'm talking about. You can close your eyes and think of who it is, and you know it's not you. Somebody out there has been living right to have this work out this way today.

You should call them and thank them, maybe send them some flowers or a gift card. Clemsoning is back - the old black magic lives again!

Coach Prime and his Buffaloes bandwagon derailing in spectacular fashion the moment they came up against some real competition.
Narrative meets reality. It's still a good story, and how he/they react to looking like a dumpster fire is part of it.

Go out and recruit against Prime. Go ahead. If he wants to play this long term, he'll have talent Jimbo Fisher could only dream of having.

It remains to be seen where this goes, to be sure. Oregon is seriously good. Bo Nix has been playing since the Bush administration.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back