NCAA (US College) Sports

There is a staggering level of corruption throughout higher education in the US, and the NCAA is only a small piece of the puzzle.
It's way worse than you probably think.

Anyway, what on Earth are these Florida State uniforms today? It's like they decided to put on a Halloween costume for this game. White head to toe, and even the design on the helmet is different. The point of alternate uniforms is not to confuse the viewer about who is playing.

It's way worse than you probably think.

Anyway, what on Earth are these Florida State uniforms today? It's like they decided to put on a Halloween costume for this game. White head to toe, and even the design on the helmet is different. The point of alternate uniforms is not to confuse the viewer about who is playing.
My guess is that it's part of said corruption.. FSU is a Nike school. They wear what Nike tells them to wear that week. It's all worked out at corporate and is part of the contract. Sweet, sweet money.

My guess is that it's part of said corruption.. FSU is a Nike school. They wear what Nike tells them to wear that week. It's all worked out at corporate and is part of the contract. Sweet, sweet money.
I’d say this is basically what it comes down to. Tennessee is also a Nike school, and as far as I can tell the guidance regarding our alternate uniforms is “actively try and design a uniform with as little of our actual colors on them as possible”.

The main purpose for alternate unis IMO is to sell merch, which is what makes FSU’s stuff today so weird. They’re wearing their regular away white shirts, it’s just everything else that’s changed. Last I checked, nobody is out buying football helmets or pants.

I’d say this is basically what it comes down to. Tennessee is also a Nike school, and as far as I can tell the guidance regarding our alternate uniforms is “actively try and design a uniform with as little of our actual colors on them as possible”.

The main purpose for alternate unis IMO is to sell merch, which is what makes FSU’s stuff today so weird. They’re wearing their regular away white shirts, it’s just everything else that’s changed. Last I checked, nobody is out buying football helmets or pants.
Gotcha. Those grey outfits were 'WTF?' from Go.

Gotcha. Those grey outfits were 'WTF?' from Go.
The dumbest thing about TN’s grey stuff is the way Nike branded it as “Smoky Grey” (like the nearby Smoky Mountains) in an effort to retcon it into having anything to do with UT. Apparently the orange and white we’d worn for 125 years was just too boring for everyone.

The dumbest thing about TN’s grey stuff is the way Nike branded it as “Smoky Grey” (like the nearby Smoky Mountains) in an effort to retcon it into having anything to do with UT. Apparently the orange and white we’d worn for 125 years was just too boring for everyone.
What part of "look like Peyton did, play like Peyton did" is hard to understand?

Excited for LSU-Bama tomorrow. Don't have enough in me to make a bold prediction, but the Bayou Bengals offense can put up points on anybody. If they learn to play timely defense they might have enough to play in Atlanta in December.
Can't miss this ever. Meanwhile, this is illegal in most municipalities, but here we have it - sanctioned by the NCAA:

F-GMtCGXsAAvSIW

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back