NCAA (US College) Sports

My best friend went to Western when they were a 1AA powerhouse. He swore he would ride a hang glider from the top of Pearce Ford, but came to his senses before an untimely death. Alcohol was involved.

As for the rest, talk to me when we're 5 - 0. I've seen this play out for a long time. We're just not that good. We're lucky.
If you get to 5-0 (which looks plausible) you then have games against Maryland, Rutgers and Purdue to get to a bowl. Seems doable.

Rather thought you would put paid to Scott Frost, myself.

If you get to 5-0 (which looks plausible) you then have games against Maryland, Rutgers and Purdue to get to a bowl. Seems doable.

Rather thought you would put paid to Scott Frost, myself.
*Rolls that up to smoke with my Sunday brunch negroni.*
Thanks! It could happen. Anything is possible with Indiana football. Our strongest weapon is regression to the mean.

What a day. My Hoosiers were what we expected them to be at Cincy. That's not a good thing.
Nassau county's own Rick Stockstill coaches Middle Tennessee to a win over the U.
Don't let up, Hogs. Woo Pig.

No I didn't. Hang in there, you're better than them. Jimbo's a fraud.
A fraud with one more national title than us, to be sure. He's a competent coach - there's a reason he's been coaching at the top table for as long as he has - but he's not a top coach.

What a day. My Hoosiers were what we expected them to be at Cincy. That's not a good thing.
Nassau county's own Rick Stockstill coaches Middle Tennessee to a win over the U.
Don't let up, Hogs. Woo Pig.
Still have plenty of winnable ones left. I have to admit that you threw me for a bit of a loop with the Nassau County thing. I thought, 'A guy from Long Island coaching in Murfreesboro? That doesn't sound like it ends well.'

A fraud with one more national title than us, to be sure. He's a competent coach - there's a reason he's been coaching at the top table for as long as he has - but he's not a top coach.

Still have plenty of winnable ones left. I have to admit that you threw me for a bit of a loop with the Nassau County thing. I thought, 'A guy from Long Island coaching in Murfreesboro? That doesn't sound like it ends well.'
Pride of Fernandina Beach, where his Dad was his football coach.

Absolutely blows my mind the stadia and attendances for college football games when I think of playing our football at university in front of 10 people.

I guess the whole drafting process just makes college sports unrecognisable go in the UK.

Absolutely blows my mind the stadia and attendances for college football games when I think of playing our football at university in front of 10 people.
I went to see our soccer team play one time while I was in college (the goalkeeper lived up the hall) and there might have been fifty of us. This was a top-division program that, like, wins stuff, and my middle school drew as many people.

Things are a little different these days...but even the top programs draw in a season what the football team draws in a game, if that.

I went to see our soccer team play one time while I was in college (the goalkeeper lived up the hall) and there might have been fifty of us. This was a top-division program that, like, wins stuff, and my middle school drew as many people.

Things are a little different these days...but even the top programs draw in a season what the football team draws in a game, if that.

College football and basketball etc. are basically our football pyramid

College football and basketball etc. are basically our football pyramid
I have been saying for a long time that our basketball would be much better if we had promotion and relegation to and from the NBA with respect to college, and that if they turned the NCAA tournament into an all-comers tournament like the FA Cup with both the pro teams and twelve randos making the quarters the ratings would be insane.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back