NCAA (US College) Sports

I have been saying for a long time that our basketball would be much better if we had promotion and relegation to and from the NBA with respect to college, and that if they turned the NCAA tournament into an all-comers tournament like the FA Cup with both the pro teams and twelve randos making the quarters the ratings would be insane.
The intensity of the state basketball tournament in Indiana before they had divisions was like that. Not the same with divisions, but a lot more trophies and happy faces at the end. Times change.

Is this like how my father (and their entire fanbase) should pay me not to watch his team's games?

The intensity of the state basketball tournament in Indiana before they had divisions was like that. Not the same with divisions, but a lot more trophies and happy faces at the end. Times change.
So I have been reliably told. I was pretty young when I got dragged off to see Hoosiers. Didn't get it then. Do get it now.

Their schedule is cupcake city for the most part. If they don’t run the table given they avoid both Utah and USC, I’d feel pretty disappointed if I were you.

That's nutty expectations. I would be happy with the Jolly "Fats" Weehawken Bowl at this point. (obscure reference)

Perhaps that could change, but until I see more we are still in cupcake status ourselves. I was impressed with how we dominated Michigan State, until they got dominated again this weekend.

We are 4-0 at home and we appear to have a real deal QB.

Really nothing more or nothing less at this point. UCLA away will be a litmus test for me. We did dominate Kent State better than Georgia though. A reminder to the selection committee.

That's nutty expectations. I would be happy with the Jolly "Fats" Weehawken Bowl at this point. (obscure reference)

Perhaps that could change, but until I see more we are still in cupcake status ourselves. I was impressed with how we dominated Michigan State, until they got dominated again this weekend.

We are 4-0 at home and we appear to have a real deal QB.

Really nothing more or nothing less at this point. UCLA away will be a litmus test for me. We did dominate Kent State better than Georgia though. A reminder to the selection committee.
UCLA should’ve lost to south Alabama at home. After that, your next 3 are basically against high school teams. The Oregon schools will be a challenge, but that’s about it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back