2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who scouted him, he is terrible even by a terrible Everton standard.
Did they not wonder why Brighton were so willing to get rid.

Brighton have never looked back, Dyche laughingly talking about the players taking responsibility, I would love to know what idiot(s) were responsible for signing Maupay, he should simply not play for Everton again, after having the misfortune of actually watching him play, should never have been here from the start.

That prod to goal when he has the chance is just baffling, hit it with conviction and he scores horrendous anti striker instincts.

The header is also the exact same point blank agrghhhh

Has zero attributes to win headers or hold the ball up as a focal point, it’s not surprising that he‘s dreadful at it. It is surprising that he is used in this way. Utter Madness.
Is he a fox in the box then? Cuz he also whiffs and misses those chances.

He's not a footballer.

Is he a fox in the box then? Cuz he also whiffs and misses those chances.

He's not a footballer.
He’s a wasp without a sting. I think he’s an average second forward and that’s about it, he’s scored goals for the other clubs he’s been at and I bet none of those clubs put him up front on his own and played the ball in the air in his direction unless there was someone else with him who could get knock downs or occupy centre backs. We aren’t good enough to play 2 up front because then our midfield becomes even more non existent without the extra body in there.
If anyone could describe a forward player least suited to play in this team, they’d describe him. Im reluctant to have a go at a cat that can’t bark.

How has he scored goals in his career? He should have buried the chance when he was one on one and should have been anticipating Gray's flick at the end of the first half- instead he was flat footed and watched it go wide. Rubbish.

He’s a wasp without a sting. I think he’s an average second forward and that’s about it, he’s scored goals for the other clubs he’s been at and I bet none of those clubs put him up front on his own and played the ball in the air in his direction unless there was someone else with him who could get knock downs or occupy centre backs. We aren’t good enough to play 2 up front because then our midfield becomes even more non existent without the extra body in there.
If anyone could describe a forward player least suited to play in this team, they’d describe him. Im reluctant to have a go at a cat that can’t bark.
While I agree - missed free header straight at the keeper from 10 yards out or something, played a quick 1-2 for himself perfectly then dwindled on the ball and lost it.

Second striker, absolutely. For a team playing attacking football and with confidence in a system with 2 up front - yeah.

A striker who can lead any kind of line and have a clinical finish/touch? Nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back