2022/23 Neal Maupay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said in the match thread, Martinez had his number here. Would have been a better game for DCL or perhaps even Rondon. . A real shame DCL wasn't fit enough to start, as shown in the last 10, they were panicking.

Always figured he'd need time to adjust back to being pressed as well.

A few years of playing a holding role for PSG is a world away from Everton.

He isn't forced into his last 2 mistakes leading to goals in a PSG side.

I remember thinking the same. You just cant be as casual on the ball, as you're going to lose it in worse areas, and to opponents coming forward more.

It's funny I remember it being a big issue with Rooney mk2 for us as well. He was way too casual on the ball and cost us a lot of goals.

Coady and Tarkowski have been fantastic thus far, but you cant leave them and Coleman susceptible on the counter.

You can’t lump it up to a guy who’s not even six feet tall.

There’s plenty of positives to his game. That strike vs West Ham was pure class. He can run at defenders. He presses and harasses. But ffs he’s not a holdup player for Route 1 football. Not his fault.

Maupay scored an average of 9 goals per season at Brighton.

We create even less than Brighton yet somehow expect him to score more???
To be fair, that's based on last season's rubbish team. We seem to be on the front-foot more this season, creating more chances. So there is hope. But it's the hope that kills you...

You can’t lump it up to a guy who’s not even six feet tall.

There’s plenty of positives to his game. That strike vs West Ham was pure class. He can run at defenders. He presses and harasses. But ffs he’s not a holdup player for Route 1 football. Not his fault.
Spot on pal. He's a much better footballer than some Blues on here give him credit for.

I think, realistically, we have more chance of pishing on the sun. I fear the Kudus ship, has well and truly sailed.
Probably right re Kudus. But as much as he's improved and worked hard, relying on Alex Iwobi to be the main central creative in the Everton team is not the long term solution. So we need someone that can beat players/find the sort of pass that United found twice on Sunday and killed us. We don't appear to have that in the squad right now. On Sunday Eriksen ran the game but it went unnoticed by Sky. Didn't lay a glove on him.

I think, realistically, we have more chance of pishing on the sun. I fear the Kudus ship, has well and truly sailed.

I'm not sure that he's quite as good or as coveted as is being made out. When it comes to English clubs, I think he's more likely to be a target for Newcastle or Everton than City or Liverpool. And I think there is still a risk that he wouldn't be all that in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back