2023/24 Neal Maupay

Don't Brentford want him full time? He wasn't terrible so you'd think with Toney going they'd take him as squad option.

Would imagine they'll wait a few months as desperation sets in and sign him for a very low fee sometime in August.

Can't be having him as a serious option again, it's just destined not to work out.
Think if they do come back in for him will be to get him at a cheaper price, as you have said but can see him having other teams looking at him even if it is a loan but we need a sale badly.
He'd be alright as a second striker in Dyche's system and someone who can bring something different off the bench. Dyche has brought a few players back in from the cold, don't be surprised if Neal is another one of them.
I thought this one time then when was playing for us just dont see it with him esp in the system we play he does not have the pace or hold up game to play for us.

Think if they do come back in for him will be to get him at a cheaper price, as you have said but can see him having other teams looking at him even if it is a loan but we need a sale badly.

I thought this one time then when was playing for us just dont see it with him esp in the system we play he does not have the pace or hold up game to play for us.

I'd like to see what he could do playing off Dom, the 10/2nd striker in Dyche's system doesn't have to be pacey or have great hold up, see Doucoure.

He'd be alright as a second striker in Dyche's system and someone who can bring something different off the bench. Dyche has brought a few players back in from the cold, don't be surprised if Neal is another one of them.
what does he bring off the bench? He can't run/jump/finish, he looked ok in a 2 for a short time for Brentford, then lost his place

I'd like to see what he could do playing off Dom, the 10/2nd striker in Dyche's system doesn't have to be pacey or have great hold up, see Doucoure.
Doucoure has a huge amount of athletism that allows him to drop in to a midfeild 5 and still get forward to support the striker. He is also the trigger for any press which takes a bit of understanding to get right. If we are going to lose that attributes ti improve as an attacking force it will have to be for a better player than Maupay.

Doucoure has a huge amount of athletism that allows him to drop in to a midfeild 5 and still get forward to support the striker. He is also the trigger for any press which takes a bit of understanding to get right. If we are going to lose that attributes ti improve as an attacking force it will have to be for a better player than Maupay.
That is it for me i dont think maupay would cover the ground like doucoure in the system we have. Not that i dont think we can inprove on doucoure

That is it for me i dont think maupay would cover the ground like doucoure in the system we have. Not that i dont think we can inprove on doucoure

Agree about the athleticism. I think Maupay presses well tbf, what if I were to suggest we drop Doucoure back into midfield with either Gueye or Garner, and Maupay is used in games in which we are likely to have a bit more of the ball?

Agree about the athleticism. I think Maupay presses well tbf, what if I were to suggest we drop Doucoure back into midfield with either Gueye or Garner, and Maupay is used in games in which we are likely to have a bit more of the ball?
I'd still suggest employing maupay to work at the hot wok over that to be honest mate

Don't Brentford want him full time? He wasn't terrible so you'd think with Toney going they'd take him as squad option.

Would imagine they'll wait a few months as desperation sets in and sign him for a very low fee sometime in August.

Can't be having him as a serious option again, it's just destined not to work out.

Thing is , not being terrible is the standard we expect … most other prem clubs have a higher standard when signing players unfortunately

He must’ve been terrible because no, they don’t want him.

He did have a run of scoring 6 in 9 games mid season so he wasn't a total disaster like 22/23 here.

Guess they're wating to sell Toney first to get in some more money but wouldn't shock me if they got him in late in the window to be backup to Mbeumo, Wissa and the new striker they signed in January.