2023/24 Neal Maupay

He wasn’t awful with Brentford, played in a different role, scored a few goals and made a few, I think we can get as much or more than we paid for him. He didn’t do it for us playing upfront on his own —-a five foot eight inch striker against two giant centre backs how was he expected to be a success.

From who? On what planet?

He clearly wasn’t very good for Brentford which is why they have zero interested in buying him.

He wasn’t awful with Brentford, played in a different role, scored a few goals and made a few, I think we can get as much or more than we paid for him. He didn’t do it for us playing upfront on his own —-a five foot eight inch striker against two giant centre backs how was he expected to be a success.

Agree mate.

Said this a while back;

He's 27.

Scored more goals than anyone else when he was in the Championship.

Has done well in the Prem, scoring double figure league goals (alright, 10), but 10, 8 and 8 league goals before we Everton'ed him isn't bad

When you consider what we've had to pay for 4th choice academy lad in Portugal, or what we sold Simms for - if we can't get back what we paid, up to £15m - we're a joke. I assume Brighton paid a few quid loan fee as well, so we shouldn't lose money on him.

And as for Brentford last season - he averaged 1 goal every 190 minutes.

Compare that to Calvert-Lewin - 1 goal every 329 and Doucoure 1 goal every 391;

1718016224041.png

1718016239945.png

Agree mate.

Said this a while back;

And as for Brentford last season - he averaged 1 goal every 190 minutes.

Compare that to Calvert-Lewin - 1 goal every 329 and Doucoure 1 goal every 391;
He told them he didn't want to stay/wants a new challenge.

I agree he would be more effective elsewhere being an Everton attacker is one of the toughest things in football. Remember Haaland scored more than the entire Everton team in the 22/23 season 😂

But Maupay doesn't suit our system and as you said he wants to move on.

I agree he would be more effective elsewhere being an Everton attacker is one of the toughest things in football. Remember Haaland scored more than the entire Everton team in the 22/23 season 😂

But Maupay doesn't suit our system and as you said he wants to move on.

He said multiple times that he felt at home at Brentford and loves the fans so I’m surprised he had such a sudden change of heart about wanting to stay there. Good luck to him wherever his new adventure takes him though I suppose.

I don't watch Brentford much so I might be wrong but I know Ivan Toney hasn't scored since February and he was still picked for England, so there must be a feeling Brentford was making it difficult for the strikers to score just like us too.

But I just get the sense he was more interested in winding up the opposition then actually doing his job and it was actually Thomas Frank who didn't want him there next season.
He said multiple times that he felt at home at Brentford and loves the fans so I’m surprised he had such a sudden change of heart about wanting to stay there. Good luck to him wherever his new adventure takes him though I suppose.

I don't watch Brentford much so I might be wrong but I know Ivan Toney hasn't scored since February and he was still picked for England, so there must be a feeling Brentford was making it difficult for the strikers to score just like us too.

But I just get the sense he was more interested in winding up the opposition then actually doing his job and it was actually Thomas Frank who didn't want him there next season.

Definitely agree mate.

Sometimes it's good to have a snide in your side - but Maupay isn't really a team player, is he ? At least not here.

Feels like one of those we will cut our losses on - loan or modest transfer fee.

We ain't getting £15m for a 27 year old shortarse striker who doesn't score goals. Not a chance. He'll go out on loan again. Rinse and repeat until he leaves on a free.

Weirdly feel like him being a complete knob will probably help us out - he's unavoidable in the media at the moment, I keep seeing his name everywhere. Fancy someone to take a punt on him. Wages aren't too bad compared to some of the deadwood we've been lumped with in the past either.

Anything even remotely close to 10m would be a result imo.

From who? On what planet?

He clearly wasn’t very good for Brentford which is why they have zero interested in buying him.
He was a lot better for Brentford, twice, than he was for Everton who played him in the wrong position. A club from planet Earth might surprise you with the price they pay for him they won’t surprise me.