2023/24 Neal Maupay

…..I doubt his commitment as a professional. The fact he got himself so fit ahead of last season suggests he was very unfit in his season with us. I don’t get this ‘he doesn’t suit the way we play’, the lad is a striker and they should relish using their technique against defenders regardless of system.

He’s not combative, he’s no threat running the channels, offers nothing back to goal, link play is average and he can’t keep up when the team breaks in wide positions. There is no excuses for his performances in an Everton shirt, he’s been very poor in all aspects of forward play.

…..I doubt his commitment as a professional. The fact he got himself so fit ahead of last season suggests he was very unfit in his season with us. I don’t get this ‘he doesn’t suit the way we play’, the lad is a striker and they should relish using their technique against defenders regardless of system.

He’s not combative, he’s no threat running the channels, offers nothing back to goal, link play is average and he can’t keep up when the team breaks in wide positions. There is no excuses for his performances in an Everton shirt, he’s been very poor in all aspects of forward play.
So, on balance Eggs, does he add much to the team or not ...

Abysmal call control
Woeful passing
Rubbish pressing
I can’t even remember the last time he won an aerial dual.
His finishing will make you curse throughout the weekend.

What's his correct position?
Well he was better playing as an auxillary striker for Brentford so I would think he’s best position is playing off the striker although he did provide a few assists as well. A lot on here would think his correct position is anywhere but Everton!! What do you think Carlito? Nice to hear from you by the way!