2024/25 Neal Maupay

Hahahahahahahaha

Wanna see my match programmes from 1989 lad? Don't start with that [Poor language removed].

I've no issues with lads giving them grief. Each to his own.

Just don't get upset when people start questioning the fanbase and taking the piss about it (see the new Paddy Power skit).

A very oxymoron reply. But yeah show your programmes lad.

These people have low eq. I don’t believe this confrontation and swearing/abuse can help although I agree the players are poo and shall be held responsible with the manager.
Eq?

I think you're calling them a bit simple, right?

One might argue that taking it out on the mentally defective isn't exactly great behavior.

More generally... Maupay is a goon, he's been a dreadful signing for us, but that doesn't make those troglodytes correct. It's behavior you wouldn't have seen out of place outside a mosque in Southport a couple of weeks back.

Ever been Goodison? Judging by your username I guess not. It’s a working class fan base and they have the right to give the players what they feel

I don’t understand how people are on the side of millionaires who give 0 effort for the team the fans spend money and support.
For the ppl living outside uk…this really doesn’t make us a lesser fan as you lot. We still spend money on accessories etc and buying tv package to watch. The only thing is that we can’t just immigrate to your place and watching Everton week in week out.

Ever been Goodison? Judging by your username I guess not. It’s a working class fan base and they have the right to give the players what they feel

I don’t understand how people are on the side of millionaires who give 0 effort for the team the fans spend money and support.
Don’t think people are on the side of players, most are condemning the players and manager for what we witness on the pitch.

Fans have the right to criticise performances and attitude, but it has to be in a controlled manner

If you believe the actions(by a few) at Euston are acceptable, I think you need to take a good look at yourself

It was appalling behaviour

A bit of booing in the stadium is fair enough. You've paid your money, you express your feelings.

But yelling abuse and insults at footballers in the streets or at train stations ? That's just vile, inexcusable behaviour. What's wrong with people ?
Ever been involved and around football on match day, having yelled abuse and insults has been part of football since I've been going since 80s. Unless you want trouble you ignore it. As long as it does not fall foul of the law, he was still on official Everton business taking pay, he is fair game. Had we won 4 nil and somehow Maupay was key part in mythical win, he would be lapping up the admiration...

Two games into the season and seeing scenes like this. Embarrassing.
With some confidence Maupay Everton scoring record is more embarrassing...

Last edited:
They make replies to questions or aggravations.

You want them to stay silent or not have a rebuttal?

….the true rebuttal is on the pitch.

The action of some supporters is understandable even if it’s wrong and Maupay is stoking the fire with his response, I really don’t think his intervention helps the situation.

Fans care passionately about their club and react in different ways, This is a culmination brought to a head by two dreadful results, Maupay should also consider the vast majority who keep their own counsel even if they are just as upset with things.

….the true rebuttal is on the pitch.

The action of some supporters is understandable even if it’s wrong and Maupay is stoking the fire with his response, I really don’t think his intervention helps the situation. Fans care passionately about their club and react in different ways, Maupay should also consider the vast majority who keep their own counsel even if they are just as upset with things.

Of course.

But it doesn't work that way and how some get absolutely rattled when someone chats back is unreal IMO

Eq?

I think you're calling them a bit simple, right?

One might argue that taking it out on the mentally defective isn't exactly great behavior.

More generally... Maupay is a goon, he's been a dreadful signing for us, but that doesn't make those troglodytes correct. It's behavior you wouldn't have seen out of place outside a mosque in Southport a couple of weeks back.
I dislike Maupay btw and want him gone.

‘My skipper’ he can gtf.

Them fans are playing into this little turds hands and doesn't look good for the wider football community, as much as we are upset and pissed off, it's 2 friggin games, confronting people is out of order in public. They'd be the first running to the bizzies if one of the players snotted them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back