Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all - I'm sure Newcastle are happy with paying 2 million for Sissoko, and i'm sure Chelsea are happy with paying 7 million for Ba. Some of the most rip off deals are actually on deadline day - 35 million for Carroll springs to mind.

When was the last time WE got ripped off on deadline day buying a player ? I seem to recall we did quite well last time, Jelavic and Pienaar ?

European football expert Andy Brassell has been keeping a watchful eye on Alvaro Negredo: "You might hear the sound of a door creaking open, as Negredo just might still get a Premier League move. His cash-strapped club Sevilla were hoping to sell Fazio to Zenit St Petersburg, but the Russian champions' move for the defender broke down over personal terms after the two clubs agreed a €7m fee, according to Estadio Deportivo. Portugal under-21 centre-back Luis Neto looks like being the alternative for Zenit following reports they've struck a deal with his club, Siena."

OK then, let’s go through what we do know.

Everton made a ‘bid’ of 8.5 million, paid over 3 years, for Fer. The deal was agreed and accepted by Twente. Fer undertakes a medical at Everton, Fer passes his medical at Everton. The deal falls through because Everton suddenly want to change the deal that had been agreed 24 hours earlier.

Now we are supposedly making 10million Euro bids (probably in instalments) for a player whose club is demanding 15-20million Euros. Which is the very essence of a fake bid. I really shouldn’t have to go over the whole Shearer and Kuyt stuff once again.

If they aren’t fake bids, then we can all look forward to us signing a very good player in the next few hours, and there won’t be a problem.

Mate if you truly believe we've been making fake bids then you need your head checked. Why on earth would we make 'fake' bids? It isn't the clubs intentions to let the fans down, you know.

Hold your horses!! (No not Fer again).

Sevilla sale of Fazio to St Petersburg has broken down so they may be interested in selling Negredo after all!!

source BBC

It's pathetic, utterly pathetic.

If i was that filled with bile i certainly wouldn't be sat talking in a transfer thread.

Who are you talking about?

Because, I can only remember people being very happy about us supposedly signing Fer. And I can't remember anyone who was pleased to hear the deal had fell through.

European football expert Andy Brassell has been keeping a watchful eye on Alvaro Negredo: "You might hear the sound of a door creaking open, as Negredo just might still get a Premier League move. His cash-strapped club Sevilla were hoping to sell Fazio to Zenit St Petersburg, but the Russian champions' move for the defender broke down over personal terms after the two clubs agreed a ?7m fee, according to Estadio Deportivo. Portugal under-21 centre-back Luis Neto looks like being the alternative for Zenit following reports they've struck a deal with his club, Siena."

Everton made a ‘bid’ of 8.5 million, paid over 3 years, for Fer. The deal was agreed and accepted by Twente. Fer undertakes a medical at Everton, Fer passes his medical at Everton. The deal falls through because Everton suddenly want to change the deal that had been agreed 24 hours earlier.

Nothing sudden about it. The lad himself described it as "understandable", and was evidently devastated that it hasn't gone through as planned. However daft the board may or may not be, if we gleefully played silly buggers with up and coming players aspirations like that in every window we'd quickly find that no one came knocking and agents told them not to waste their time on us. Bad business it may have been, but the idea that it wasn't a sincere attempt to bring him on board is ridiculous.

The only reason Sevilla are being stubborn is because of their game tonight

This could go down to the wire

.....really difficult following the various stories when I thought sensible housekeeping is to have a single thread. Regardless, this blokes agent just reported on radio that the deal is impossible. Difficult for us not to build up hopes, but its hard to get headline signings pushed through at this stage.
Back to the transfer thread....

Mate if you truly believe we've been making fake bids then you need your head checked. Why on earth would we make 'fake' bids? It isn't the clubs intentions to let the fans down, you know.

Tell me why Everton pretended to make a bid for Alan Shearer then?

Do you not consider a bid of 10million Euros over 3 years, for a player being valued at 15-20 million Euros, to be a fake bid?

.....really difficult following the various stories when I thought sensible housekeeping is to have a single thread. Regardless, this blokes agent just reported on radio that the deal is impossible. Difficult for us not to build up hopes, but its hard to get headline signings pushed through at this stage.
Back to the transfer thread....

Yeah the agent killed the rumours and even said that they will want silly money for him.

OK then, let’s go through what we do know.

Now we are supposedly making 10million Euro bids (probably in instalments) for a player whose club is demanding 15-20million Euros. Which is the very essence of a fake bid. I really shouldn’t have to go over the whole Shearer and Kuyt stuff once again.

If they aren’t fake bids, then we can all look forward to us signing a very good player in the next few hours, and there won’t be a problem.

AwL32L7CEAMiZ3r.jpg:large

European football expert Andy Brassell has been keeping a watchful eye on Alvaro Negredo: "You might hear the sound of a door creaking open, as Negredo just might still get a Premier League move. His cash-strapped club Sevilla were hoping to sell Fazio to Zenit St Petersburg, but the Russian champions' move for the defender broke down over personal terms after the two clubs agreed a €7m fee, according to Estadio Deportivo. Portugal under-21 centre-back Luis Neto looks like being the alternative for Zenit following reports they've struck a deal with his club, Siena."

IT'S ON!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back