Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me why Everton pretended to make a bid for Alan Shearer then?

Do you not consider a bid of 10million Euros over 3 years, for a player being valued at 15-20 million Euros, to be a fake bid?

Alan Shearer, lol, that's recent 'evidence'.

Who said he's valued at 20 million euros btw? We had a deal agreed for £8.6M for a midfield player, why would we 'fake bid' for a player when it's obvious we can afford a deal at that level?

Nothing sudden about it. The lad himself described it as "understandable", and was evidently devastated that it hasn't gone through as planned. However daft the board may or may not be, if we gleefully played silly buggers with up and coming players aspirations like that in every window we'd quickly find that no one came knocking and agents told them not to waste their time on us. Bad business it may have been, but the idea that it wasn't a sincere attempt to bring him on board is ridiculous.

I'm afraid it was sudden, and the lad also said that he passed his medical.

FC Twente don't consider it to be 'understandable' at all. In fact they think Everton were trying to take the piss, and I agree with them.

Alan Shearer, lol, that's recent 'evidence'.

Who said he's valued at 20 million euros btw? We had a deal agreed for £8.6M for a midfield player, why would we 'fake bid' for a player when it's obvious we can afford a deal at that level?

I can refer you to the Kuyt nonsense as well, if you really want me to?

Is it obvious we can agree a deal at that level? I don't think it's obvious at all, and it would be no surprise if we signed absolutely nobody at all.

2mx1pwx.gif

Haha, yes Big Baby! :)

OK then, let’s go through what we do know.

Everton made a ‘bid’ of 8.5 million, paid over 3 years, for Fer. The deal was agreed and accepted by Twente. Fer undertakes a medical at Everton, Fer passes his medical at Everton. The deal falls through because Everton suddenly want to change the deal that had been agreed 24 hours earlier.

Now we are supposedly making 10million Euro bids (probably in instalments) for a player whose club is demanding 15-20million Euros. Which is the very essence of a fake bid. I really shouldn’t have to go over the whole Shearer and Kuyt stuff once again.

If they aren’t fake bids, then we can all look forward to us signing a very good player in the next few hours, and there won’t be a problem.

No, that would be a ****, ridiculous or insulting bid. A 'fake bid' would be one which never actually existed in the first place. However bad the bid, or trying to renegotiate the terms was, it was real. IE not fake.

I'm afraid it was sudden, and the lad also said that he passed his medical.

FC Twente don't consider it to be 'understandable' at all. In fact they think Everton were trying to take the piss, and I agree with them.
Have you got anything positive to say about Everton?

Is it obvious we can agree a deal at that level? I don't think it's obvious at all, and it would be no surprise if we signed absolutely nobody at all.

There is a difference between lowballing and an inherently fake bid, which implies that if the bid was accepted, we wouldn't pay. Apparently you don't know that.

We agreed a deal to sign Fer for £8.6M - fact.

Are you saying that we had no intention of completing it from the off & it was all 'fake', private jet, the lot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back