Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the maximum you'd be willing for us to spend on him?

I'd say 10 million myself

Sorry to sink your battleship, but clearly you don't know the first thing about commercial contract law.

If we make a bid for a defined amount, incorporating defined terms, this amounts to an offer. If the other club accepts, this amounts, surprisingly, to acceptance. The two combined amount to a contract. It doesn't have to be in writing, especially when it's plastered all over the papers. If we were to go back on a bid, whichever club we failed to pay would have a marvellously straightforward case to take us to court and get us to pay up, as well as covering their legal costs.

Listen to sense or go back to your bottle in a brown paper bag because this tangential topic is getting really, really boring.

Not gonna talk about it in terms of football but in terms of general contract law: I could easily offer to buy Apple for a million pounds even though I don't have a million pounds. I know I would never be on the hook for the money because Apple is worth much more than a million pounds so they would never accept the offer.

This, on top of the fact we'd get an instant reputation for being cowboys and therefore have to pay increased fees in future as a show of good will to even get other clubs round the negotiating table.

Fair point, but if thats the case isn't there a chance we're already getting that sort of reputation, considering the amount of negotiations we've entered into that didn't work out?

Sorry to sink your battleship, but clearly you don't know the first thing about commercial contract law.

If we make a bid for a defined amount, incorporating defined terms, this amounts to an offer. If the other club accepts, this amounts, surprisingly, to acceptance. The two combined amount to a contract. It doesn't have to be in writing, especially when it's plastered all over the papers. If we were to go back on a bid, whichever club we failed to pay would have a marvellously straightforward case to take us to court and get us to pay up, as well as covering their legal costs.

This, on top of the fact we'd get an instant reputation for being cowboys and therefore have to pay increased fees in future as a show of good will to even get other clubs round the negotiating table.

In short, IT JUST WOULDN'T HAPPEN

Listen to sense or go back to your bottle in a brown paper bag because this tangential topic is getting really, really boring.

Oh please.

You're saying that 'commercial contract law' makes fake bids impossible? So what happened to the 12 million we were going to buy Shearer with?

And you aren't really trying to convince me that verbal contracts are worth the paper that they are written on, are you?

The very essence of a fake bid, is making a bid when you KNOW it won't be accepted.

I offer you 200 billion pound for your house mate, I've even written it down on here so that you won't struggle in proving that we made a verbal contract.

Just let me know when you want that 200billion pound mate.

They had a bid accepted. If they wanted to make a low bid no one would accept, why would they offer one that would be accepted in the first place?

If you believe they bid for the guy, then brought him here only to scutter the deal in some sort of PR ploy, I don't know what to tell you. It's patently absurd on every level.

Not gonna talk about it in terms of football but in terms of general contract law: I could easily offer to buy Apple for a million pounds even though I don't have a million pounds. I know I would never be on the hook for the money because Apple is worth much more than a million pounds so they would never accept the offer.

Fair point, but if thats the case isn't there a chance we're already getting that sort of reputation, considering the amount of negotiations we've entered into that didn't work out?

Are you being facetious? If you're not, I really worry for you.

So by that logic, Fer wasn't a fake bid.

Everything was fine right up until Everton had to put pen to paper, then they suddenly wanted to change the deal, to the degree that it was deemed unacceptable by Twente.

If it wasn't a fake bid, then we can look forward to buying a good player tonight.

this 'fake bid' thing, i expect there are plenty of other examples, of other clubs doing this in the past, as this stuff always comes out years later, SO..can someone give me some concrete examples of these? thanks

Oh please.

You're saying that 'commercial contract law' makes fake bids impossible? So what happened to the 12 million we were going to buy Shearer with?

And you aren't really trying to convince me that verbal contracts are worth the paper that they are written on, are you?

The very essence of a fake bid, is making a bid when you KNOW it won't be accepted.

I offer you 200 billion pound for your house mate, I've even written it down on here so that you won't struggle in proving that we made a verbal contract.

Just let me know when you want that 200billion pound mate.

There is literally no hope for some people...

Everything was fine right up until Everton had to put pen to paper, then they suddenly wanted to change the deal, to the degree that it was deemed unacceptable by Twente.

If it wasn't a fake bid, then we can look forward to buying a good player tonight.

Well everything wasn't fine was it? If theres something with his knee that the medical staff have pointed out? Not untrue either as he's had surgery on that knee before.

Seriously, can you just log off until tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back