Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Sky bloke outside Finch Farm just said that the Negredo thing both wasnt completely on and wasnt completely off

He did pass his medical mate.

He has a potential knee issue, but he's perfectly fit currently.

Sorry, my mistake, got my words muddled up.

You will have to let me know where it says he failed his medical?

He passed his medical, end of story.

So, we'll take it from here. A problem showed up in his medical. Are you seriously claiming, we offered Twente money we didn't have, to have them agree to it, fly the lad over and have him do a medical, to by chance find a problem with his knee, to then ask Twente to restructure a deal we knew they wouldn't accept?

So, we'll take it from here. A problem showed up in his medical. Are you seriously claiming, we offered Twente money we didn't have, to have them agree to it, fly the lad over and have him do a medical, to by chance find a problem with his knee, to then ask Twente to restructure a deal we knew they wouldn't accept?

Yes, that is what he is claiming.

I don't see City being short of money so the fact it wasn't all up front may have had something to do with his on going hamstring issues.Even though I'm sure he would have been fit to play on the day he signed.

The feller outside finch farm said he'd put £45 out of 100 on the deal, and £99 on felli staying, haha.

leg

All I'm going to say is, taking extreme examples of claims for breach of contract (especially one as absurd as the one you cited earlier) would get you laughed out of a solicitors and/or charged a few bob for wasting their time.

Because something fits with legal theory does not mean it fits with legal reality. If this weren't the case, one of the main tenets of the English legal system, namely the doctrine of precedent, would be rendered absolutely pointless.

I appreciate a debate, but please don't insult my intelligence like that.

Can we get back on topic - has he signed yet ffs?

Your post that I responded to was based entirely on legal theory, that Everton would not make a bid they did not intend to follow through with because they would be contractually bound to follow through. All my example meant to demonstrate is that a party can feel secure making a bid they never intend to make good on if the bid is sufficiently low that there is no chance that the other party will accept it.

So just like with my example, would Seville ever accept bid of about half of what they value their player at? If not, than just as in my example with Apple, the incentives are there for a party to submit a bid that they don't intend to make good on just to save face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back