Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is also to be considered that if the offer was subject to certain conditions and / or based on certain information was later found to be incorrect or misleading then this would constitute a reasonable basis on which to withdraw / rescind the offer.

Presumably we only had the chance to properly verify Fer's physical condition once we'd got him to FF. Though it is still questionable why we jumped the gun with an offer and announced it to all and sundry without proper due diligence.

it is also to be considered that if the offer was subject to certain conditions and / or based on certain information was later found to be incorrect or misleading then this would constitute a reasonable basis on which to withdraw / rescind the offer.

Presumably we only had the chance to properly verify Fer's physical condition once we'd got him to FF. Though it is still questionable why we jumped the gun with an offer and announced it to all and sundry without proper due diligence.

Quiddem my man, quiddem.

Tell me why Everton pretended to make a bid for Alan Shearer then?

Do you not consider a bid of 10million Euros over 3 years, for a player being valued at 15-20 million Euros, to be a fake bid?

We were in talks, there was no confirmed reports of us launching a bid on Negredo. RE: Fer, he didn't pass his medical, hence why the club tried to restructure the deal.

You need to put your little conspiracy theories to bed, mate.

There is a massive amount of difference between dicking about on transfers (which I have doubt everton are very capable of) & making fake bids to deceive both the fans and the general football world.

I have no doubt , in fact it's a constant that's regularly repeated , that everton are a nightmare to deal with but a huge conspiracy to pretend we are looking at players whilst creating this kind of fan backlash seems fanciful. The ofoe deal was , as far as I'm aware , a back up after the n'zonzi deal fell through not another example of propaganda .

We were in talks, there was no confirmed reports of us launching a bid on Negredo. RE: Fer, he didn't pass his medical, hence why the club tried to restructure the deal.

You need to put your little conspiracy theories to bed, mate.

He did pass his medical, and the club STILL wanted to restructure the deal.

Check your facts please mate.

I think the problem is that there is no comparison between the Fer and Negredo offers. Fer had a problem with his knee, and we didn't want to risk money on it. With Negredo we're just not offering enough. Is it me or is it that simple?

Do you not understand we changed the conditions as a result of the medical? The conditions werent exactly far-fetched, either, were they?

Everything was fine right up until Everton had to put pen to paper, then they suddenly wanted to change the deal, to the degree that it was deemed unacceptable by Twente.

If it wasn't a fake bid, then we can look forward to buying a good player tonight.

So if you went to view a house worth £200k and you liked the look of it and had an offer accepted, then you found information (for example there was issues with the foundations) you would not go back to the seller to renegotiate the price to take into consiserations the potential financial harm this could cause you in the future????

There is this wonderful thing called risk; Everton were willing to take the risk by signing him, but wanted assurances with a renegotiated payment structure that would cover there outlay.

There is no Fake Bid, thats total nonsense; if you are refering to EFC trying to appease fans by looking like we are trying to sign somone then it would have just been an article stating Twente rejected a bid of £xx, why on earth would the club fly the lad over and pay for the medicals if they had no intention of purchasing.

leg
No I used an extreme example to demonstrate a point. Can you point out where my reasoning fails or are you just going to say I'm wrong?

All I'm going to say is, taking extreme examples of claims for breach of contract (especially one as absurd as the one you cited earlier) would get you laughed out of a solicitors and/or charged a few bob for wasting their time.

Because something fits with legal theory does not mean it fits with legal reality. If this weren't the case, one of the main tenets of the English legal system, namely the doctrine of precedent, would be rendered absolutely pointless.

I appreciate a debate, but please don't insult my intelligence like that.

Can we get back on topic - has he signed yet ffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back