Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what a fake bid is though. What are you on about?

Stop trying to twist his words. You know what he means. Making lower bids or ridiculously stupid bids involving all kinds of add ons which other teams Won't accept. Its a false bid in the sense that the bidding party is 99.9% certain it wont be accepted.

However on this occassion I dont think its the case. I think we're genuinely interested but we just havent got the finances to force their hand. In all honesty we're probably trying to get him around the 10m sterling mark. However thats includive of add ons etc. when in honesty hes probably worth 10m upfront with 2-5m add ons.

You're missing a vital component of a successful claim here, and that's context.

Is offering half the amount a player's worth normal in football? I'd say it certainly wasn't abnormal, especially when a club is in financial difficulty to the extent that all the bargaining power lies with the buyer. It's eminently understandable and therefore reasonably forseeable.

Is offering one million pounds for Apple Inc. normal? No, it's ridiculous. Anyone who actually tried to make such an offer would be wasting their time, or trying to get their name in the tabs for a day. No sane lawyer would try and argue a claim for breach of contract on these facts whilst they were in the business of maximising their LLP's net profit margins.

Do you really wish to labour this point any further? If you do, give me an hour and a half to get home and I'll start substantiating these statements with references from Gill Poole's 11th Edition of 'Contract Law'. Would actually help me revise for my mocks coming up in a fortnight.

I'll save you the time. Contracts require offer and acceptance with unambiguous terms. Offers are not contracts until they are accepted and any conditions precedent are satisfied. As a result, EFC cannot be contractually bound on an offer until the other party accepts and any conditions precedent are satisfied. If there is no contract, there can be no cause of action.

even though Fer would be more important to us IMO I think the signing of a top class striker would be more exciting we havent had a top class forward in ages now one thing I have been envious about the RS for over the last few years is that they have had that top quality "cult hero" forward- Torres now Sewer rat.

You're missing a vital component of a successful claim here, and that's context.

Is offering half the amount a player's worth normal in football? I'd say it certainly wasn't abnormal, especially when a club is in financial difficulty to the extent that all the bargaining power lies with the buyer. It's eminently understandable and therefore reasonably forseeable.

Is offering one million pounds for Apple Inc. normal? No, it's ridiculous. Anyone who actually tried to make such an offer would be wasting their time, or trying to get their name in the tabs for a day. No sane lawyer would try and argue a claim for breach of contract on these facts whilst they were in the business of maximising their LLP's net profit margins.

Do you really wish to labour this point any further? If you do, give me an hour and a half to get home and I'll start substantiating these statements with references from Gill Poole's 11th Edition of 'Contract Law'. Would actually help me revise for my mocks coming up in a fortnight.

You can cite as many references from your AS Law textbook as much as you want, but in no way does it make a fake bid impossible.

The existence of legislation does not not stop people from contravening it, and contravening a law does not automatically or necessarily lead to a reprimand. If it did, then I'm in a lot of trouble for Hi-Speed Dubbing my sister's Now 25 tape when I was about 12, and debt collection agencies would actually take their debtors to court, but they seldom do. The fact that you are talking about 'binding' verbal contracts shows your naivety.

I can't be arsed going on about this anymore (the whole transfer thing), I just hope we can get a good player in now.

so stayed in bed all day because im flappin that much only
to wake up and get told the deals off? / on .. but more off i dont f*ckin know.
and instead going for some barnsley rb? ffs. everton noooo.

will have to treat tonight like its a friday instead of thursday. desperadoes pls love :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back