Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
If 13mil buys us a striker that scores 20 goals a season then saying 27 is too old is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard, in my opinion.

Whether Negredo is that man who knows.

If we sign him:

20 goals in first season

2nd season we see him go on the wings and score about 5 all season

3rd season - sold.

It's sad that this is pretty much the blue print for all our high profile strikers. As for Negredo, would be a massive coup for us if we got him, not exactly holding my breath though :huh:

If 13mil buys us a striker that scores 20 goals a season then saying 27 is too old is quite possibly the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard, in my opinion.

Whether Negredo is that man who knows.

And unfortunately we don't have a time machine so nobody can predict whether he'll score 20 goals or not. Going off the available info it's too much on a man who will be 28 by the start of next season.

And unfortunately we don't have a time machine so nobody can predict whether he'll score 20 goals or not. Going off the available info it's too much on a man who will be 28 by the start of next season.

We don't have a time machine like you say but any striker who is capable of or at least people hope can hit 20goals, 13mil is cheap really.

We don't have a time machine like you say but any striker who is capable of or at least people hope can hit 20goals, 13mil is cheap really.

He's only scored 20 goals in a season twice in his career, and one of those was after playing 55 times. The Spanish league is a different ballgame anyway.

I'd rather we spend the money on a younger player who has the ability to improve or at least has some resale value. If we buy this guy and he's not the messiah we're screwed for another two seasons like we were with Bily.

He's only scored 20 goals in a season twice in his career, and one of those was after playing 55 times. The Spanish league is a different ballgame anyway.

I'd rather we spend the money on a younger player who has the ability to improve or at least has some resale value. If we buy this guy and he's not the messiah we're screwed for another two seasons like we were with Bily.

Someone like Wilfried Bony for example. Only 24 and cant stop scoring at the moment. Would also cost around the same in terms of price and wages. ALthough, if we got Negredo id jizz.

Someone like Wilfried Bony for example. Only 24 and cant stop scoring at the moment. Would also cost around the same in terms of price and wages. ALthough, if we got Negredo id jizz.

Same tbh.

He's a boss looking player, just don't know if it's the right move financially. Every time Bony gets mentioned it seems to be positive, one thing i've heard he's lacking is pace. I'd love to see us go in for somebody in the Hernandez mould if we could. We're crying out for some pace up front.

Bony looks set to join West Ham apparantly for around £12-15 mil,

Negredo would be quality end of the day RVP is 29 i think and Utd paid £20 odd mil for him, obvious difference in class but aslong as a player can score 20 goals in a top league their worth a shot imo, Bony on the otherhand has got 1 in 2 I think but in a ****e league.

Bony looks set to join West Ham apparantly for around £12-15 mil,

Negredo would be quality end of the day RVP is 29 i think and Utd paid £20 odd mil for him, obvious difference in class but aslong as a player can score 20 goals in a top league their worth a shot imo, Bony on the otherhand has got 1 in 2 I think but in a ****e league.

Not sure that is a done deal to be honest , those stories mentioned stoke who were in for him and now aren't and us who looked but haven't gone back in as I understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back