Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mucha
Coleman Jagielka Lescott Baines
Mirallas Fer Gibson Pienaar
Barkley
Negredo

Would be the greatest team to ever finish 7th.

Don't forget Honda on.a free in the winter too. If that happened I think I'd have no jizz left.

But that would never EVER happen. Makes me sad.

Don't know why so many are talking about his age. But him for £13m now, get 4 years out of him and sell him back to Spain for £3m when he's early 30s would be a similar return to what we got on Yak, and no one was bothered when we paid £13m for him. If we got 4 full seasons out of him we'd also get more football out of him than we got from Yak.

He's only scored 20 goals in a season twice in his career, and one of those was after playing 55 times. The Spanish league is a different ballgame anyway.

I'd rather we spend the money on a younger player who has the ability to improve or at least has some resale value. If we buy this guy and he's not the messiah we're screwed for another two seasons like we were with Bily.
Not really an argument against him. Fernando Torres scored far more with Liverpool than with Atletico Madrid. Whereas Morientes was useless in England. Depends on the player.

The rest of your post makes sense to me though.

Negredo has all the makings of expensive and utter flop. Can just see us blowing our transfer budget for the next two years to watch him lumber about with a Naismith touch and shanking his shots high into the Gwladys. With Moyes' contract up in the air I'm struggling to believe this deal has or is being moved forward

Negredo has all the makings of expensive and utter flop. Can just see us blowing our transfer budget for the next two years to watch him lumber about with a Naismith touch and shanking his shots high into the Gwladys. With Moyes' contract up in the air I'm struggling to believe this deal has or is being moved forward

I agree with you there, I think he occupies the upper end of those middle of the road strikers in the Spanish League. He's currently the best of the Spanish lot though. He'll either be a total flop, or utter brilliance, I'm just worried that if we buy him he'll suffer from the Moyes curse on strikers.

Borussia Dortmund have offered Sevilla £15m for forward Alvaro Negredo, 27, as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski, who is expected to leave the German side in the summer.
Full story: Marca

Borussia Dortmund have offered Sevilla £15m for forward Alvaro Negredo, 27, as a replacement for Robert Lewandowski, who is expected to leave the German side in the summer.
Full story: Marca
If Dortmund have really made a bid we might as well give up, should have signed him in Jan.

Gutted if he goes to Dortmund.

Same.

No idea how reliable Marca is, but we can't really compete with Dortmund.
They're like the Spanish Daily Mail if you ask me, have no clue how reliable they are... But they seem pretty confident that Dortmund have made a bid.

Marca said a couple of weeks ago that Negredo wants to play in the Prem, that could be our saviour if we're to compete with Dortmund for him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back