Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton fans: WE NEED A GOALSCORER!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!1

*Linked with Negredo* *Apparently in talks with Negredos people*

Everton fans: ARGH HES TOO OLD!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!11!!!!!!ELEVEN!!!

.... LOL.

RVP being 29 didn't stop United. I think he'd give us 3+ ace years of aceness. He's 6ft, quicker than Jelavic, scores every type of goal and is an all round footballer who can play. Perfect for our system. If you give this lid service, he slots.

Erm, the service from almost all positions on the pitch for United makes their forwards what they are, just as much as their skill. Wayne would probably have about half the goals he does if it weren't for Giggs alone.

.... LOL.
Very much this.

He's about 5000000000000000 times faster than Jelavic, as well as being an all round better footballer.

Plus he's 28, not 82 ffs.

.... LOL.

Yeh you're right lad lets spend all the Fellaini money on a striker who Moyes will ruin.

If you aren't quick, and you aren't prepared to run the channels you simply wont succeed here, its the Moyes system and the striker plays for the attacking mid. To expect Negredo to succeed if we buy him defies logic and ignores what Moyes has done to strikers for the past 10 years.

Jelavic last season - always in the box, balls to feet - slots tons of goals.
Jelavic this season - always in the channels and outside the box playing provider - very few goals.

Yeh you're right lad lets spend all the Fellaini money on a striker who Moyes will ruin.

If you aren't quick, and you aren't prepared to run the channels you simply wont succeed here, its the Moyes system and the striker plays for the attacking mid. To expect Negredo to succeed if we buy him defies logic and ignores what Moyes has done to strikers for the past 10 years.

Jelavic this season - always in the channels and outside the box playing provider - very few goals.

Who's this Moyes fella you're talking about and why should that matter to how Martinez's everton get on?

Think this is to do with how opposition teams deal with him as well, though.

Teams are now playing a higher defensive line against us because they know Jelavic won't sprint on to balls over the top. Last year he was in the box more because teams didn't know as much about him.

Who's this Moyes fella you're talking about and why should that matter to how Martinez's everton get on?

Now that's a different kettle of fish, NEGREDO ON.

Think this is to do with how opposition teams deal with him as well, though.

Teams are now playing a higher defensive line against us because they know Jelavic won't sprint on to balls over the top. Last year he was in the box more because teams didn't know as much about him.

Possibly true Azz, but I do think the main reason is Jelavic has paved the way/grafted for chances for Fellaini this season, where he was the main focus last year.

So we can never buy an awesome striker just because Moyes 'ruins' them?

Well.

Ok mate. X

Its pretty well known that he's ruined a few mate.

Negredo is obviously boss and if he did sign I'd cheer him on as much as anyone, but then I'd fume uncontrollably seeing him do ridiculous legwork.

.... LOL.

Funnily enough even a united fan said to me earlier this week, we would have got a champions league spot easily, if we had a goalscorer this season or if jelavic had shown the form of last season to turn the draws into wins.

Its pretty well known that he's ruined a few mate.

Negredo is obviously boss and if he did sign I'd cheer him on as much as anyone, but then I'd fume uncontrollably seeing him do ridiculous legwork.

I know. And there is evidence to support it.

But, and I think this is important, the strikers that he has 'ruined' have not exactly been top drawer have they?

As example, Yakubu, quite well known to be boss in his early stages at a new team, before getting bored or going off the boil.
Andy Johnson, I liked him, but he wasn't exactly ace.
Even Jelavic, was awesome when he arrived no doubt, but when look who he's played for previously.

There are other reasons as opposed to Moyes 'ruining' them.

Maybe if we actually bought a top quality striker, as Negredo clearly is, then we might not see him 'ruined'.

Bent: Did a job, made a profit
Beattie: unfit, overweight and awful
Johnson: Did a job, made a profit
Yakubu: Boss until injury, never the same, wasn't arsed
Saha: Sicknote
Vaughan: never fit
Beckford: Did fine, sold due to summer fire sale

How many has he actually ruined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back