Negredo

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need players like that, to take a step forward, we aint gonna move forward getting players like Naismith on a free.

we need to get more players like mirallas. young and amazing in a poor league. or we could get young and average in an average league. we cannot get old and good in a good league. not until we can afford to throw away money

I know. And there is evidence to support it.

But, and I think this is important, the strikers that he has 'ruined' have not exactly been top drawer have they?

As example, Yakubu, quite well known to be boss in his early stages at a new team, before getting bored or going off the boil.
Andy Johnson, I liked him, but he wasn't exactly ace.
Even Jelavic, was awesome when he arrived no doubt, but when look who he's played for previously.

There are other reasons as opposed to Moyes 'ruining' them.

Maybe if we actually bought a top quality striker, as Negredo clearly is, then we might not see him 'ruined'.

Another football myth !

Look mate. You can bore with me with facts as much as you like. I think he's crapper after a while at teams.

So sniff it.

6a5.gif

You can tell a discussion isn't going to be frutiful the momeent someone pulls out the "I don't care about facts, blind prejudice and recieved wisdom was good enough for my ancestors and damnit it's good enough for me too" card.

He scored more goals per game in his second season at Middlesbrough than his first mate.

The only reason was because he had an extra 13 European games added to his percentages for the first; PL Goals to Game ratio first season was better.

And its not a football myth; a few managers have come out and said this about him, nothing to do with his goalscoring ability but just his all round attitude to the club

The only reason was because he had an extra 13 European games added to his percentages for the first; PL Goals to Game ratio first season was better.

And its not a football myth; a few managers have come out and said this about him, nothing to do with his goalscoring ability but just his all round attitude to the club

I like you.

Links please.

He scored 13 goals in 34 in the league, then 12 in 37 the season after. Hardly a noticeable dip. For Portsmouth it was a similar story.

Everton is the only club where Yakubu experienced a big drop in goals after his first season, it IS a myth.

Links please.

He scored 13 goals in 34 in the league, then 12 in 37 the season after. Hardly a noticeable dip. For Portsmouth it was a similar story.

Everton is the only club where Yakubu experienced a big drop in goals after his first season, it IS a myth.
2nd season syndrome seems to be a common occurrence on all of our strikers. Watch Jelavic leave and then start scoring again.

It's bound to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back