Neill to Galatasaray?

• Thread starter Thread starter best little spaniard
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why some people are having a dig at Neill, if he's to be believed then it seems to have been presented to him rather as a fait accompli :

Money grabbing is just a convenient thing to say I guess. It's as convenient as me saying you haven't got a clue without any fact to back me up. :)

And in this case the price is right

bruce-forsyth.jpg

This is all about Coleman and other young players for me - Neill isnt needed with their emergence.

Who can honestly say that Neill is the answer at centre half, his performences while steady have not been what i would hope for in a centre half going into the long term lets face it - he was a stop gap there. He did a job there - nothing spectacuolr - similar to what Hibbert and Neville have done in previous seasons, hes no significant loss. The best individual centre half performence i have seen this season has been from Duffy - he and Coleman need room and space to develop with out a journey man/money orientated player in front of them.

I also have no dobht a centre half will be brought in this month.

Looking at the bigger picture, if we got quickly to a safe position in the Premiership over the coming weeks I'd find it acceptable in this car crash of a season to salvage something by trying to bring on those two plus Mustafa and Baxter with a good run in the side. Use the second half of the season to see exactly who is and who isn't good enough amongst the youngsters who warm the bench regularly. Otherwise 09/10 has been one huge waste of ******* time.

He was just interviewed in his car on SSN.

Seemed pretty gutted to be leaving.

Was asked if it was weird after having a good run in the team "Well that's the shocking part..." he said, looking a bit gutted.

Ah well, he'd be 3rd or even 4th choice cb and probably 3rd choice right back. Even if we don't think he should be, he would be,

He's shocked at his move, so no damn reason to blame him. If I could I'd tell him this :

Okay Neil lad,you probably knew deep inside that you're here to fill in the missing numbers and you put up responsible performances time after time. You're move is done and all you gotta do now is go out there on sunday and put up a similar responsible performance for the last time in the royal jersey. All the best for the future,I hope I was there to applaud you at GP for helping us out in tough situations. Thanks for your service lad!(y)

I'm am very displeased with the decision. If that money does not go towards bringing in new players I will be even more displeased. When teves rips hibbo a new arae I will be even more displeased. When we start the hoofball again I will be even more displeased.

Seriously confusing decision and a seriously crap board. If we need and extra 800k that bad we have some ******* serious problems.

He could have declined to go!! and stayed put. So somewhere mucho money was talking.

I can't see any reason why he'd stay put when he knows what his role is. Who knows if he would have been offered a new contract and he'd go down the order next season anyway. He would have been given a longer contract there and so less uncertainty to his future.

He could have declined to go!! and stayed put. So somewhere mucho money was talking.

His contract with us only ran to the summer & he wasn't likely to be in the team when everybody's fit, whereas he has now secured a contract that runs for another year & it seems likely that he's been signed to go into the team rather than to warm the bench. If the club feel he's surplus to requirements, why would he stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back