Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Never had a girlfriend, thought I would ask for some advice from GOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this is my first post outside the Everton forum so I am slightly nervous. Have found GOT to be a decent community during my time on here so I've decided to just go for it. In a nutshell I am 25 and straight but have never actually had a girlfriend. I would like to ask for some pointers, words of advice or things of that ilk. How did you guys meet your girlfriends and missuses? I've been using tinder for about eight months without success. Never bothered with dating sites as I assume the odds of success on them are even less than on tinder.

i was single for 2 years whilst having tinder and POF etc. during most of that time. I'd dabble in and out of it, best not to be on those sites day in day out racking your brains wondering why nobody is matching/replying.

But now i have a girlfriend and she's utterly cracking, never thought i'd meet someone like that from tinder, but it took a lot of effort. You may find you don't get many replies, i always blame the mass of makeup etc which heightens most girls' expectancy levels to an unreasonable level. But that's another story altogether i suppose. The main point i was getting at would be not to let rejections get to you, should that be the case. The right ones will reply and then you'll have good dates and bad dates.

Ladies love confidence i suppose would be the best advice, i was always fairly nervous and can't remember ever actually walking up to a girl in a bar in my life, but the nerves can be looked past with a good bit of confidence.

i was single for 2 years whilst having tinder and POF etc. during most of that time. I'd dabble in and out of it, best not to be on those sites day in day out racking your brains wondering why nobody is matching/replying.

But now i have a girlfriend and she's utterly cracking, never thought i'd meet someone like that from tinder, but it took a lot of effort. You may find you don't get many replies, i always blame the mass of makeup etc which heightens most girls' expectancy levels to an unreasonable level. But that's another story altogether i suppose. The main point i was getting at would be not to let rejections get to you, should that be the case. The right ones will reply and then you'll have good dates and bad dates.

Ladies love confidence i suppose would be the best advice, i was always fairly nervous and can't remember ever actually walking up to a girl in a bar in my life, but the nerves can be looked past with a good bit of confidence.

What you saying there?

I think the best policy always is to lie. My mate was in a similar position and was determined to break his duck on a stag do to Estonia. After a few vodkas he finally plucked up the courage to chat up a really tasty Russian bird. 5 minutes later she was sucking his face off. She then decides she's going to leave with him so we all gathered round and asked him what the secret was. He said "easy lads, I told her I was a professional footballer who was currently playing in Stoke city reserves". We all looked at each other and I asked "why Stoke and why the reserves?" He said " I didn't want to over do it and that seemed more believable"!!!!

You HAVE to lie or at least exaggerate.

I always used to say i owned a kebab kiosk. Totally straight faced and an obvious lie (was always out in a suit after work) then of course they want to know the mystery.

Also if theres a guy or a few around a stunner go and pretend shes your half sister...the guys cant tell if your joking and the girls seem to like how weird it all is...

You HAVE to lie or at least exaggerate.

I always used to say i owned a kebab kiosk. Totally straight faced and an obvious lie (was always out in a suit after work) then of course they want to know the mystery.

Also if theres a guy or a few around a stunner go and pretend shes your half sister...the guys cant tell if your joking and the girls seem to like how weird it all is...

You are 1 utter danger Zat.

You are 1 utter danger Zat.

Used to be...getting itchy feet...

Took the girlfriends younger 18 year old brother out on the lash for his birthday last year and got him 2 hookers...left them in the VIP room in the bar for 2 hours while i was on best behaviour downstairs.

Then he goes and tells my gf about it who then tells the family i paid for him to have a threesome to lose his virginity....

Not been invited to see the family in ages

Used to be...getting itchy feet...

Took the girlfriends younger 18 year old brother out on the lash for his birthday last year and got him 2 hookers...left them in the VIP room in the bar for 2 hours while i was on best behaviour downstairs.

Then he goes and tells my gf about it who then tells the family i paid for him to have a threesome to lose his virginity....

Not been invited to see the family in ages

Seek help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back