Neville Southall. TV special on the legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a keeper, the best in the world for around half a decade. Also, if you check the Facebook post publicising the programme there are hundreds of comments from people talking about the times they met him or wrote to him and saying what a great human being he is. About 20 years ago I met him a few times in Teddington when he was running training for a kids' team on the pitch next to ours. Always really friendly ready to chat about Everton. Doing so much good campaigning work now.

No keeper can be compared to Big Nev. He stands alone amongst the greatest of great keepers.

World class then, world class now.
There is no doubt that Big Nev was a world class goalkeeper. There is no doubt that he is a world class man in what he does now. However I would disagree that no other keeper can be compared to him. There has been very few world class players, the term has become devalued over time, Big Nev was world class in the truest sense of the words.
Pat Jennings, in my humble opinion, can be compared to Big Nev and that comparison takes nothing away him.

One of the greatest goalkeepers to ever grace the game.

He is criminally forgotten about by the national media and the footballing hierarchy

If he’d played for RS, spurs, Utd he’d be talked about constantly and everyone would be compared to him.

He was 1000 times better than Seaman

He’s also been left out to pasture by the club because he’s not scared to call them out

He’s a legend, a true legend, and deserves recognition for everything he gave to the club

One of the greatest goalkeepers to ever grace the game.

He is criminally forgotten about by the national media and the footballing hierarchy

If he’d played for RS, spurs, Utd he’d be talked about constantly and everyone would be compared to him.

He was 1000 times better than Seaman

He’s also been left out to pasture by the club because he’s not scared to call them out

He’s a legend, a true legend, and deserves recognition for everything he gave to the club
Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.