Neville Southall. TV special on the legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the greatest goalkeepers to ever grace the game.

He is criminally forgotten about by the national media and the footballing hierarchy

If he’d played for RS, spurs, Utd he’d be talked about constantly and everyone would be compared to him.

He was 1000 times better than Seaman

He’s also been left out to pasture by the club because he’s not scared to call them out

He’s a legend, a true legend, and deserves recognition for everything he gave to the club
He is criminally forgotten by the club too. I'm NEA, there should be a statue for him like there is for Dean, Ball, Harvey and Kendall. For me, he's a GREAT!

The youth today simply don't appreciate how good he was.

He is criminally forgotten by the club too. I'm NEA, there should be a statue for him like there is for Dean, Ball, Harvey and Kendall. For me, he's a GREAT!

The youth today simply don't appreciate how good he was.
They should just create a big set of goalie gloves and put those statues on top.

We'd know what it meant.

My old man worked for BP at sea, he was away at port in Holland, Rotterdam I think and wales were playing a friendly there so a couple of his German colleagues set of for the match.

My dad told them they were about to see the worlds best goalkeeper in action tonight! They laughed and said they’d never heard of him, shook their heads and set off. Wales got battered but it wasn’t about 12 nil as it would have been if it wasn’t for our Welsh number one.

They returned to the ship, gave me old fella a thumbs up and said “yes, he’s fu**{ng number one alright” ..

1666397907124.png

Status
Not open for further replies.