Neville Southall. TV special on the legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remember the cup final in 95, at that stage he didn't have the athleticism he did in the 80s.

Utd were the top team in the land, stars and quality everywhere and massive depth, teams just melted in front of them.

Nev just took everything they had to throw at him which was a lot, but he absolutely radiated confidence through that team for the win - he looked Utd in the eye and said "who are you" wasnt even arsed, bring it.

World class ability, but he also had massive character.

Last edited:
1666438853229.png

I think he was that good he’s just so underestimated by both, some toffees, and the masses…

I have arse, poo & utd friends who all seem to guffaw when I go on about how good this guy was… he is so up there. I don’t hero worship ever really, but this guy…

Remember the cup final in 95, at that stage he didn't have the athleticism he did in the 80s.

Utd were the top team in the land, stars and quality everywhere and massive depth, teams just melted in front of them.

Nev just took everything they had to throw at him which was a lot, but he absolutely radiated confidence through that team for the win - he looked Utd in the eye and said "who are you" wasnt even arsed, bring it.

World class ability, but he also had massive character.
For me personally, I will remember that game as his standout performance. Which is utterly remarkable really seeing as that was his swansong for us in every practical sense.

I was lucky enough to see him in the 80s & his performance that day in '95 was just unreal given the allowances you would make for advancing years and decline in agility.

He was absolutely immense that day and the main reason we won. At times he was fighting a one-man battle to keep Paul Scholes out. It was an unbelievable perforrmance.

Status
Not open for further replies.