New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure there's a way of doing things so legally any winning entries were owned by the club rather than the designer. Heck, if they wanted they could have hand picked a dozen or so finalists and then had a vote, with IP owned for all 12.

Wouldn't have been that hard to find a way to do it. All done now though, bigger things to worry about I'd say.

Oh, the design would always be owned by the club, any designers' work is owned by the person/company who commissions it, they have copyright for 10 years whether they get it copyrighted or not. I mean more towards someone 'stealing' work, would be easy for someone to do and the club not actually know, until they have a court case about it.

Unfortunately, in house Design teams aren't usually the best crop of current designers, mainly because they're working with the same things, for the same audience, so the badge is not terrible. It's reasonable. It was never going to be the greatest logo ever created, or even up there with the best.

Aye, would have been nice for someone like yourself to have had the chance. That would really have kept it in-house (in the Everton family sense).

Dare say with Martinez looking likely for the job, this issue will be out of mind in no time.

Could have given it to the local University Design students to have a try at it!

Also, as soon as we have our new manager, we'll all probably move on from this.

Aye, would have been nice for someone like yourself to have had the chance. That would really have kept it in-house (in the Everton family sense).

Dare say with Martinez looking likely for the job, this issue will be out of mind in no time.

I would usually agree.... But I don't think people will forget about this one when everywhere you look there is going to be a reminder of the injustice that has been done.... Other things that fans get all upety about are usually quite abstract eg. Staff fired, policy changes, players sold, monetary issues...... This is just so tangible and in your face that it will be hard to forget about it when it's always there staring back at you!

BLW9D8hCMAAH-Zl.jpg

If they wanted simple they could'e done something like this. Doesn't need to look like a cartoon, which is apparently how modern design has to look... -.-

Quite like that - prefer it to the new one anyway! Still not sure on Lowercase letters for the verton, doesn't look as symmetrical!

Could have given it to the local University Design students to have a try at it!

Also, as soon as we have our new manager, we'll all probably move on from this.

That would have been great that actually. One of my mates had a coursework where they had to create a music video for a particular song for a local band and obviously everyone had different ideas etc.

Would have been a good option if Everton left the design to final year students or something - which could have then went and did research, some focus groups etc - and come up with their own designs - which could then have been polled to the fans. Doing it that way - also doesn't give much away - because as far as the public who were asked about the badge would just have thought it was for a uni coursework/dissertation.

Not sure if its been done - but any chance any nice person can do an Everton crest exactly like the new one, only with the bottom looking less fat (more similar to our current one)? Just think it would make so much difference

I don't think so, the opposition towards the badge is too strong.

Breaking news: BBC Radio Merseyside expecting a 'significant development' from Everton tomorrow regarding the badge!! Statement to be released tomorrow morning.

Radio Merseyside asked for comment from an EFC spokesperson tonight but 'no one was available'!!

They just had Mayor Joe Anderson & Steve Jones from Kipper on.

He has every right to justify the "evolution" of the badge from a design perspective but it all comes across as a pretentious artist saying "You just don't get it, man" when you can't see what's so good about his work. The fact is they can waffle on about the badge being visionary from a design perspective but all that means is that the badge had a lot of effort put into the design but it doesn't make the final product good; it just means that it's a well designed piece of turd. At the end of the day the fact that roughly 90% dislike the new badge means that his argument that it was designed well invalid since it's the supporters who'll be the ones wearing the badge and if they don't like the badge then they're less likely to wear it meaning Everton are going to lose exposure rather than gain exposure from this change. It would be different if we were complaining about something like a new building being made a certain way because that's the only way it could be built, the badge is a piece of design work that is supposed to appeal to people and it certainly doesn't appeal to many.

Interesting that the club have already used the design in solid blue at the entrance to the pitch, dropping the yellow and black - looks (marginally) better straight away:

evertonground_0.jpg

It definitely looks a lot better in block colours which is not surprising because it was designed for that purpose. When they start adding the yellow and shadow to the tower it looks shoddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back