New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a go at adapting what the club have come up with, rather than creating something from scratch.

For me, the 1878 looks ridiculous on the new badge. Banged in because there's a bit of space for it. I've not seen anyone comment on how unathletic the new shield is, either - it's fat.

The stuff to keep... I'm not a huge fan of the yellow, but the club seem to want it. The tower is actually pretty good - it's a much more accurate representation than the previous tower design. I don't like the 'Everton' text, but I suppose in this globalised world where emerging markets are important, we need to make sure people unfamiliar with us know who our crest belongs to.

So I've replaced the 1878 with the laurel wreaths (they've been either side of the tower on every badge it's been on) and set it all on the outgoing shield shape.

I could live with this.

See i could live with this. Absolute shambles the fact that the crests designed by fans in their spare time piss all over the official one.

Theyve got it up in everton two ffs...
BLV_SAYCQAAkBys.jpg

It totally ruins a decent bit of clobber.

"COMMENCE OPERATION BURY-HEADS-IN-SAND"

haha, past history would lead you to that conclusion.

However, the strength of feeling over this has been so strong, I think they may be forced to re-consider on this occasion.

They certainly should, as we can't all be wrong!

I do think they are certainly going to do something about it. The disgust has been so large at this that they really have no choice if they are to build any kind of PR. Kit sales will plummet if everyone sticks to their word, and the badge will be changed for next season at the least.

haha, past history would lead you to that conclusion.

However, the strength of feeling over this has been so strong, I think they may be forced to re-consider on this occasion.

They certainly should, as we can't all be wrong!

Can just picture the Everton boardroom in siege mode today, wishing all them nasty supporters would just shut the feck up and like the badge

I can only recall other occassion when the fans have spat the dummy out big time and that was when Duncan was sold to Noocassell. Apart from that, we're generally a placid bunch who don't complain too much

I do think they are certainly going to do something about it. The disgust has been so large at this that they really have no choice if they are to build any kind of PR. Kit sales will plummet if everyone sticks to their word, and the badge will be changed for next season at the least.

Nicolas%20Cage%20laughing%20like%20a%20mad%20man.gif

As much as I hate the badge I reckon kit sales will stay the same and they wont be changing the badge at all. Its done now.

It's all about perspective. Like if you stand a mile away from it squinting your eyes trying to make it out while it's on fire, It looks ok.

Parents will be put in a difficult situation, their kids will want the new kit but i can't see many being happy paying to support something which is almost universally disliked.

Parents will be put in a difficult situation, their kids will want the new kit but i can't see many being happy paying to support something which is almost universally disliked.

I guess it all depends whether kids want the kit or not

They might be put off by this one, you never know

I reckon there will still be a few shirts sold, but I reckon sales of additional merch (Mugs, Towels, Lunchboxes etc) will go down drastically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back