New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess it all depends whether kids want the kit or not

They might be put off by this one, you never know

I reckon there will still be a few shirts sold, but I reckon sales of additional merch (Mugs, Towels, Lunchboxes etc) will go down drastically

of course they are going to want the kit they are kids, that does not mean that they will get it

Hypothetical question for you guys.

Multi-billionaire wants to buy the club, but insists on a badge change to something even worse that this.
Would you be for or against the take-over?

(I'm kinda taking Cardiff with their change of colours as a benchmark which is a much bigger change than a badge)

The excuse about the old badge being poor to replicate in the digital age is piss poor also. Look at Man City's. That is very similar to our old badge, in that there's a lot going on and they don't have their name printed. But you don't see them jazzing up their badge to "move with the times"
Yeah that excuse is baffling. I think it's more to do with Nike getting the kits made quicker and cheaper by their slaves. However the very fact they used that as an excuse is disturbing. It's like they don't know what digital means. The idea that badge was fine when it was printed in a black and white newspaper but now when we read on an ipad where I can zoom in on a single letter of a book and its still crisp ... makes no sense. It was fine on a CRT monitor or an old tube TV but our high def flat screen monitors and 1080p TVs can't handle it?

Might also be some "branding" nobs coming in who had to justify their insane price-tag so they make a bunch of ill-informed changes for the sake of change so they look busy and valuable.

Hypothetical question for you guys.

Multi-billionaire wants to buy the club, but insists on a badge change to something even worse that this.
Would you be for or against the take-over?

(I'm kinda taking Cardiff with their change of colours as a benchmark which is a much bigger change than a badge)

At least in that scenario we'd be getting something in return

I'd still complain though, regardless of how much money the new owner had.

If a new owner came in and changed the shirt and logo's and sold the stadium etc, it wouldn't really be Everton anymore anyway. I'd have to have a long hard think about whether to still support the club at that point (Especially if supporters formed their own brek away club i.e. FC United)

Hypothetical question for you guys. Multi-billionaire wants to buy the club, but insists on a badge change to something even worse that this. Would you be for or against the take-over? (I'm kinda taking Cardiff with their change of colours as a benchmark which is a much bigger change than a badge)
I'd be for it of course. I'd be unhappy and complain but it would be helping the club progress.

I genuinely think this will (very slightly) hinder the club's progress. Not massively -- we're not going to get relegated because of a new badge. But I do think we'll sell less merch which means less money. Don't swift-boat me, I'm not saying it's a massive impact but it could be reflected to some degree (negatively) on the bottom line.

Pretty sure the badge will be changed again after next season. They can't do anything with it now with all the merchandise etc.

I've had a go at adapting what the club have come up with, rather than creating something from scratch.

For me, the 1878 looks ridiculous on the new badge. Banged in because there's a bit of space for it. I've not seen anyone comment on how unathletic the new shield is, either - it's fat.

The stuff to keep... I'm not a huge fan of the yellow, but the club seem to want it. The tower is actually pretty good - it's a much more accurate representation than the previous tower design. I don't like the 'Everton' text, but I suppose in this globalised world where emerging markets are important, we need to make sure people unfamiliar with us know who our crest belongs to.

So I've replaced the 1878 with the laurel wreaths (they've been either side of the tower on every badge it's been on) and set it all on the outgoing shield shape.

I could live with this.

I could live with that design as well, as I said in my last post, to me the everton badge has to have the tower and the laurel wreaths. I know some dont like that, because it looks like a face, but it works for me

Give us our Badge back, for christ sake kenwright !! our manager gone taking a lot of our backroom staff, or are you trying to tell us we are now a mickey mouse club ? thats why the mickey mouse badge has been given the go ahead.

For what it's worth andy gray on talk sport, hammered the new badge design. At least the media are really onto to this. The club will probably do what it normally does, bury its head in the sand until the furore dies down. The very best we can hope for is that there is such a downturn in sales of merchandise, that we will change the badge next summer once again.

BLW9D8hCMAAH-Zl.jpg

If they wanted simple they could'e done something like this. Doesn't need to look like a cartoon, which is apparently how modern design has to look... -.-

The sad thing about all of this is that there are a load of sites/examples of graphic work such as this being crowdsourced. Threadless for instance get people to design and vote on their products before they're put into production. 99designs have been crowdsourcing designs for years now.

It would have been relatively easy for the club to ask the fans to design the new badge, and vote on the favourite. That then gets put into production. Hard to complain about something you've had a chance to input into.

Would fit the Peoples Club moniker quite well too.

Not many British companies do that kind of thing though so I'm not surprised the club didn't think of it/didn't have the courage to try it.

99designs have been crowdsourcing designs for years now.

But these websites aren't necessarily good, they take away Graphic Designers' clients, however, in this case I think it could have worked quite well, especially seeing as it's a club, rather than a business. Well, it's still a business but it relys on the fans so it'd make sense for them to have a bit of a say.

Although, putting it into a competition of sorts might have left them with copyright problems and such, but I don't know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back