New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking at all of the stuff online about this and the more I see the worse it gets.

I have read all of the stuff on the official site and tried to work out why the badge has been replaced with the new one. Reading between the lines this seems to be about cost. Effectively Nike and Kitbag are saying that they can produce everything more cheaply if we have a plastic "iron on" badge rather than a stitched on badge (it looks like and ironed on badge in that photo of the hoddie, someone else posted).
The problem with the iron on badge is, the more detail on them, the worse thy look, so they have removed all of the detail of the tower and the small writing on the motto.

To me having a simpler design isn't the problem, it's just the design they have come up with. It looks like a classic case of design by committee, rather than a pure design, like the Theo Kelly original.

To me, the Everton badge should always have, Prince Rupert's Tower and the two laurel wreaths, either side. That to me is instantly recognisable as "Everton". They have been on our crest since the 70's, so I would have thought from a "brand recognition" point of view, these would be the most important part as well.

The other issue of changing the shape of the Tower, I just don't get at all. The club have said on the official website, that the new tower is closer in proportion to the actual tower. But we have been drawing the tower on our crest in a slimmer design since 1938, so its a bit like Disney redesigning Mickey Mouse and saying "The New Mickey looks more like a real mouse". It does'nt matter if it looks like the real tower or not, the new deign does'nt look like the tower we have been using on our crest for 75 years

I've had a go at adapting what the club have come up with, rather than creating something from scratch.

For me, the 1878 looks ridiculous on the new badge. Banged in because there's a bit of space for it. I've not seen anyone comment on how unathletic the new shield is, either - it's fat.

The stuff to keep... I'm not a huge fan of the yellow, but the club seem to want it. The tower is actually pretty good - it's a much more accurate representation than the previous tower design. I don't like the 'Everton' text, but I suppose in this globalised world where emerging markets are important, we need to make sure people unfamiliar with us know who our crest belongs to.

So I've replaced the 1878 with the laurel wreaths (they've been either side of the tower on every badge it's been on) and set it all on the outgoing shield shape.

I could live with this.

Theyve got it up in everton two ffs...
BLV_SAYCQAAkBys.jpg

I've had a go at adapting what the club have come up with, rather than creating something from scratch.

For me, the 1878 looks ridiculous on the new badge. Banged in because there's a bit of space for it. I've not seen anyone comment on how unathletic the new shield is, either - it's fat.

The stuff to keep... I'm not a huge fan of the yellow, but the club seem to want it. The tower is actually pretty good - it's a much more accurate representation than the previous tower design. I don't like the 'Everton' text, but I suppose in this globalised world where emerging markets are important, we need to make sure people unfamiliar with us know who our crest belongs to.

So I've replaced the 1878 with the laurel wreaths (they've been either side of the tower on every badge it's been on) and set it all on the outgoing shield shape.

I could live with this.

Good effort mate but looks too much like a face to me :lol:

The shock is wearing off, and I don't hate it. The lack of NSNO is inexcusable, but the badge itself isn't as bad as I had initially felt.

from a blurry distance it stands out and dont look to bad.
but then close up it stands out even more but looks completely stupid

I could live with this.

That's much, much better. It doesn't look as cheap as the one the club have 'produced'.

The shock is wearing off, and I don't hate it. The lack of NSNO is inexcusable, but the badge itself isn't as bad as I had initially felt.

Opposite for me....it's just getting worse and worse and I feel I may have a panic attack when I realise this may realistically be our badge for the next decade or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back