New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazed at this result I hold my hands up and say I thought it a waste of time trying to get Evertonians to complain any more - well done all - I was wrong for not joining in.

They really did have to, they had a petition of over 20,000 threatening to boycott all merchandise and a 99% negative feedback ratio.

To put it bluntly, to keep it with no retraction would be the equivalent of trying to sell people sand in the desert.

They literally had no choice - proper backs to the wall stuff.

Even so, they didn't have to take notice, not all petitions are acknowledged for things. Yes, it would've been silly if they hadn't taken notice, but if they hadn't wanted to, then they didn't have to.

chuck.gif

And here's to hoping Elstone get's sacked. "Our Chairman had demanded widespread consultation and we stopped short of that."

That 'evolution of the crest' video on the everton website is a bit of a weak attempt to masquerade the way in which this pathetic course of events has lead to us being stuck for one season with a 'modernised' monstrosity which can now officially be called our new f*ing badge!

Even so, they didn't have to take notice, not all petitions are acknowledged for things. Yes, it would've been silly if they hadn't taken notice, but if they hadn't wanted to, then they didn't have to.

They literally did have to, that's what I'm saying - literally no other option. The threat of a 90%+ drop in merchandise sales and the national press coverage means the Kitbag/Nike would have been on the blower pretty much instantly.

Basically, they've had the arrogance to release this thinking the plebs would take it on the chin, saw their arse for their elbow at the response, realised that every person in the EFC marketing process could lose their jobs if this bore fruit and the obvious final answer has arrived now.

Self-proclaimed "People's Club".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back