New Everton Crest Confirmed

Will the new badge make you buy more of the Everton merchandise?

• Yes, I will buy more merchandise with this cool new badge.

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • No, I won't change how much I buy of the Everton merchandise because of the badge.

Votes: 67 13.6%
  • No, I will buy much less from the Everton store with this godawful load of ****e for a crest.

Votes: 368 74.8%
  • no tears, only cheese toasties now

Votes: 39 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the new badge it reminds me of the old cartoon,Roobarb and Custard. It's a Blott on our character. I hate ditching NSNO from the badge. I hate change.

I'll get used to it though. I always do. It's still my team badge after all, will wear it with a wry smile.

Last edited:
Who is Tony Bott and who elected him to represent the fans?
http://www.evertonfc.com/club/sandra-hughes

Independent Chairman / Season Ticket Holder (Gwladys Street)

I was one of the original members of the Everton Fans' Forum when it was first launched. A regular contributor to BBC Radio Merseyside football fans' football phone-in, I'm also known as 'Tony The Blue' and took up the position of Independent Chairman in February 2012. I have been a Season Ticket holder in the Gwladys Street for many years and attend matches with other family members.

The kit is a temporary thing where you can understand the odd monstrosity because designers sometimes miss the mark. It's gone within a year or two so we can grin and bear it.

The badge is completely different - it's an identity. It's the first thing a person recalls when thinking about a brand. Whether you find it silly is beside the point - the simple fact is that Evertonians buy into an identity by supporting the club which they relate a part of their character too; to go from a badge that reflects the tradition, pride and passion of the club to a cartoon beehive is a kick to the balls, as suddenly you no longer identify with the brand.

And if people no longer identify with the brand, then the brand suffers massively. Fewer people buy the merchandise, the level of passion drops, people generally care less.

And even if it's "just a badge", that's what is happening with me over this. The complete lack of respect to the fans from the "People's Club" over this makes me wonder why the hell I bother.

So the new badge takes on its own connotations. Whilst the old badge summed up our pride and tradition, the new badge - as well as looking stupid - reflects the lack of respect and incompetency of the custodians at the club.

EDIT: The bold bit: the uproar didn't exist because the badge was a genuine evolution of the crest and it retained the principle behind the emblem. If anything, that just proves that the fans aren't moaning just because somethings changed - they're moaning because what it has changed to is rancid.

To be be perfectly honest I don't think it's entirely fair to say my opinion is "beside the point". Essentially you are saying that if you don't hate the new badge while also believing that it is the soul of the club and the source of our identity then you're opinion doesn't matter.

I honestly don't feel any detachment from Everton FC as the result of the change in badge. Yes, it might make it less likely for me to buy merchandise with the badge on it... which is very poor from a commercial point of view for the club (much like poor kits). I'm not taking it as a personal insult however or a lack of respect! The way some people are reacting you'd think the board were sitting around concocting new ways to mess with the fans.... they're not forum trolls.

All that aside do you honestly think that the badge that is being replaced reflected "the tradition, pride and passion of the club"? Personally I thought it was a huge step down from other more historic badges and I don't think I was/am alone in that!

My main point is the following
I have absolutely zero problem with someone disliking the badge, not wanting to buy merchandise with it on it or even being unhappy with the club over this as a poor commercial decision. While at the same time, I feel that the scale of the over-reaction is absolutely insane and is something that is worthy of RAWK.

-I also want to say I don't mean to offend anyone whatsoever. I'm just giving my two cents and I know it's not the popular opinion on here. I'm just a bit peeved that I have to listen to trash talk from united and pool supporters over this as it has been made into national news. Newspaper with the story open was waiting on my desk this morning etc.

HAHAHA!

BLRTb-vCQAEsczl.png

To be be perfectly honest I don't think it's entirely fair to say my opinion is "beside the point". Essentially you are saying that if you don't hate the new badge while also believing that it is the soul of the club and the source of our identity then you're opinion doesn't matter.

I honestly don't feel any detachment from Everton FC as the result of the change in badge. Yes, it might make it less likely for me to buy merchandise with the badge on it... which is very poor from a commercial point of view for the club (much like poor kits). I'm not taking it as a personal insult however or a lack of respect! The way some people are reacting you'd think the board were sitting around concocting new ways to mess with the fans.... they're not forum trolls.

All that aside do you honestly think that the badge that is being replaced reflected "the tradition, pride and passion of the club"? Personally I thought it was a huge step down from other more historic badges and I don't think I was/am alone in that!

My main point is the following
I have absolutely zero problem with someone disliking the badge, not wanting to buy merchandise with it on it or even being unhappy with the club over this as a poor commercial decision. While at the same time, I feel that the scale of the over-reaction is absolutely insane and is something that is worthy of RAWK.

-I also want to say I don't mean to offend anyone whatsoever. I'm just giving my two cents and I know it's not the popular opinion on here. I'm just a bit peeved that I have to listen to trash talk from united and pool supporters over this as it has been made into national news. Newspaper with the story open was waiting on my desk this morning etc.

I said that because you said this:

I just find the whole thing a bit embarrassing to be honest and I can't 'fathom' the fact that nobody else does.

Therefore, you're telling people who dislike the badge that they're being embarrassing. But to be completely honest that's not an issue because that opinion is very much the minority.

It's embarrassing to you that people dislike the new badge so much, but it's pretty much only you and 0.6% of everyone else. So your opinion that Evertonians are embarrassing here pretty much doesn't matter.

The bold bit - doesn't that say it all about how badly done this has been? What I can't fathom is that you're blaming the fans for people taking the piss out of you for something so blatantly Mickey Mouse that we were wide open for ridicule, rather than the people at the club who actually did it!

The GOT badge is better...

...was just looking back at the previous thread on the new crests. Amazing that Everton have come up with that ****e when we have had fans who have created these beauties:

BLRUshgCcAAfFA0.jpg:large

BLRU34mCEAAsCq1.jpg:large

BLRVdVKCYAAczVN.png:large

Everton wanted to "modernise" our crest - but what they don't realise is that we are a traditional club with alot of history - we had no need to modernise our crest whatsoever. I fear that the change in crest was purely down to money - it certainly wasn't about the fans

first time in my nineteen years that I won't have some sort of club merchandise for next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.