New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know about you Joey, but I think we could do with a new broom throughout our club, whether Nuno gets the job or not.

I agree
I honestly wouldn't care if it was Big Dunc, Baines, and co at the helm, IF in return there was a massive overhaul of medical physio, fitness, coaching and tactics.
IF we had a young inexperienced manager, with an excellent first-team coach, and new coaches throughout then I'd be very happy.
but wait a minute, didn't I just describe the job a new DoF would do ?!!! <sigh>

Denise Barret-Baxendale said this in 2019 " The vision was to be challenging at the top of the Premier League and competing at the highest level in European competitions. Ultimately this means challenging for domestic titles and trophies, not only to win cups, but to win Premier League titles too, she added"

The appointment of Carlo matched that ambition even though ultimately it never worked out. The idea and intention was there though and that is why many blues never complained even when we were a bit cack. When he left, the next appointment should also match the clubs ultimate target but an appointment of someone like Nuno does not match it. There is zero evidence that he is even capable of taking a team to the top of the premier league and that is the clubs target. It is a playing it safe appointment with a lot of hope involved which ignores the clubs publicised ambitions and another restart will likely be needed again in the not too distant future to get the ambitions back on target again. That is why many blues me included are not impressed whatsoever and have become apathetic once again.

Either put your money where your mouth is Everton or stop talking big and just stick to what you are good at i.e being a mid table team that might get in the Europa at some point.

That's true. If the consistency comes from trying to appoint successful managers, then Ancelotti looks like it was matching DBB's vision, and Nuno doesn't. Neither would Big Dunc, Rooney or anyone like that. Only a former manager of a top team would really match that kind of ambition. It'll be really interesting to see what the club says about the new appointment and what it means for the future

Reactions: Lob
This is part of the problem with this club. Look at Kean clearly a very good talent footballer yet in this forum and the Goodison faithful he garbage. Davies gets so much unwarranted crap because he a youth product. That’s the reason Barkley left.
DCL suddenly starting banging the goals in, it’s no coincidence that there no crowd. See how he does this season if he stays.
Our fans love to slate young players no idea why.
What did Davies do without a crowd? You could count on one hand how many even acceptable performances he had and you could count on 1 finger how many good performances he had.

I just wish they would announce him now, im underwhelmed by all the so called 'attainable' candidates.

I've already got used to being disappointed by the Nuno appointment, don't want to have to go through the same again next week with Potter or Benitez.

Nevertheless that is exactly what she said mate and everything the club does from that point on should match that ambition regardless - https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-fc-set-target-winning-15648702
I can't disagree mate.
This team is seemingly unable to do the basics in football, pass and move, whoever comes in needs to be able to produce movement and pace to our game. Our last appointment was clearly not what was needed. Huge name, no clue... I hope the next has at least a clue how to handle to team we have. I hope Brands is given this job as we need to know who to congratulate.. Or who to blame if this goes the way we all think it will. Nuno I can't imagine really wants this job considering he was Deffo at Palace a week ago.
Can we not just hire a coach who actually wants this job., and sees the magnitude of the job in hand.

Reactions: Lob

Status
Not open for further replies.