New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people are so down about it, we have just had one of the most successful coaches ever in the game and not only did he shaft us but the football during his time here was god damn awful.

If I have learned anything it's a to give someone a chance as it may click, certain people and certain clubs just click, we haven't been tearing trees up have we.

It out things into super focused perspective about how clueless the 'carlo out' mob were.

Surely giving a world class manager more than 1 season to get his own team going praying Moshiri can get him the players he needs is more preferable to chasing down Potter or Nuno.

They wont admit it but I'd say a few of them wish Carlo never left after all the guff.

I'd also say there's a few who are just happy to see us keep sacking managers.

Also, Nuno is a decent manager. Is he the greatest? No, far from it, but can anybody say he did a bad job at Wolves?

I mean, that season they played from July, got to the latter stages of the Europa and finished 7th was pretty decent considering they were in the Championship two seasons before, and didn't even have Steve Bull available :p

Another thing. Why does it always have to be black or white? Is it not possible that he's the correct choice out of the current options? He's a manager who knows what he's doing, that's for sure. Very rarely see that Wolves side of his taken apart or given a hiding. Even when they had no strikers.

I reckon he'll do okay, and then we'll get Jose in 18 months. Or another better manager. Last time we had the luck of Carlo being available at just the right time. This time there's not a manager of that calibre available to us, if we assume Conte is not interested.

Some of our fans need to get back to just being SUPPORTERS. If it's not bad enough every other man and his dog being armchair managers, they're now all trying the DOF hat on too.

One things for sure... I'm looking forward to getting back to Goodison amongst some normal fans, to rid myself of this feeling that we're mainly a bunch of self entitled, egotistical arseholes. Because that's how coming on GOT makes me feel these days.

If anybody takes offence by that, then tough. As I say, that's how coming on GOT often makes me feel, and is the main reason I visit less and less these days (not that anybody will miss me like.)

….i don’t really buy these ‘he’s been appointed so I’ll support him’ shouts.

Its a results game & he’ll get backing if we win games, particularly if the performance is decent. He’ll get some leeway, but perhaps not as much as if he was a popular choice.

For those of us that are underwhelmed with the appointment, I’d like to think we all genuinely want him to do well, folk shouldn’t be wanting an ‘I told you situation’.

I actually think the right signings are now the most important aspect of seeing improvement next season.

Its a results game & he’ll get backing if we win games, particularly if the performance is decent. He’ll get some leeway, but perhaps not as much as if he was a popular choice.

For those of us that are underwhelmed with the appointment, I’d like to think we all genuinely want him to do well, folk shouldn’t be wanting an ‘I told you situation’.

I actually think the right signings are now the most important aspect of seeing improvement next season.

We've got to back him though Eggs.

Can you imagine the uproar if GOT was around when we appointed Moyes, or Kendall? Neither of whom had managed in the top flight, or even achieved promotion to it.

In short, I'm convinced 'popular' opinion would have stopped those two appointments.

So yeah, most people on here haven't got a clue, and as far as I'm concerned, the overall opinion on here is not worth the paper it's not even written on :p

The right signings are vital. As we've seen in the last few years, players tend to last longer than managers. Therefore it's important that we sign young, pacy players who can adapt to the different ways of playing that different managers have.

Looks like Fonseca to Spurs is done. Genuine question, would people prefer him to Nuno?

Personally I’d take Nuno over Fonseca. I’d have preferred a a Galtier or Gallardo but I think Fonseca is a very risky appointment.

Maybe that’s all that was truly available? Who knows what other managers circumstances are? Conte would be just another pit stop.

Out of the 2 I’m pleased we got Nuno. (But hoped for better)

We've got to back him though Eggs.

Can you imagine the uproar if GOT was around when we appointed Moyes, or Kendall? Neither of whom had managed in the top flight, or even achieved promotion to it.

In short, I'm convinced 'popular' opinion would have stopped those two appointments.

So yeah, most people on here haven't got a clue, and as far as I'm concerned, the overall opinion on here is not worth the paper it's not even written on :p

….it’s up to NES now. Folk will back him if there are signs of improvement & he does well. It’s human nature. Opinion is largely based on his performance at Wolves.

I’m old enough to recall fans wanting Kendall out, times were bad, fans are passionate about their team & it’s understandable.

Not many managers will be blindly backed. NES needs to carry the majority of the fan base with him, Brands has a key role to play in bringing in the right players to improve us. There might be tough times ahead, hopefully he can bring us long-term improvement.

I'd also say there's a few who are just happy to see us keep sacking managers.

Also, Nuno is a decent manager. Is he the greatest? No, far from it, but can anybody say he did a bad job at Wolves?

I mean, that season they played from July, got to the latter stages of the Europa and finished 7th was pretty decent considering they were in the Championship two seasons before, and didn't even have Steve Bull available :p

Another thing. Why does it always have to be black or white? Is it not possible that he's the correct choice out of the current options? He's a manager who knows what he's doing, that's for sure. Very rarely see that Wolves side of his taken apart or given a hiding. Even when they had no strikers.

I reckon he'll do okay, and then we'll get Jose in 18 months. Or another better manager. Last time we had the luck of Carlo being available at just the right time. This time there's not a manager of that calibre available to us, if we assume Conte is not interested.

Some of our fans need to get back to just being SUPPORTERS. If it's not bad enough every other man and his dog being armchair managers, they're now all trying the DOF hat on too.

One things for sure... I'm looking forward to getting back to Goodison amongst some normal fans, to rid myself of this feeling that we're mainly a bunch of self entitled, egotistical arseholes. Because that's how coming on GOT makes me feel these days.

If anybody takes offence by that, then tough. As I say, that's how coming on GOT often makes me feel, and is the main reason I visit less and less these days (not that anybody will miss me like.)
It's been black or white ever since we were turned down by Andy Gray.

So, you don't buy the 'he's appointed, so I'll support him' shouts, but you think we'd all want him to do well, even if underwhelmed....erm, right. Isn't that the same thing?

And now it's all about players we sign, irrespective of the manager...? Eh???

You're not usually so muddled in what you post.

So, you don't buy the 'he's appointed, so I'll support him' shouts, but you think we'd all want him to do well, even if underwhelmed....erm, right. Isn't that the same thing?

And now it's all about players we sign, irrespective of the manager...? Eh???

You're not usually so muddled in what you post.
It was always going to be about the players we signed this season. The only reason people tolerated the tripe played under Ancelotti last season was the belief that he would help us sign better players and therefore we'd play better football next season. Nobody could play good football with our current squad.

Lets hope they don't announce it today, don't think it would take this much if it's Nuno. Somebody else if hes not unveiled today.

Looks like Fonseca to Spurs is done. Genuine question, would people prefer him to Nuno?

Personally I’d take Nuno over Fonseca. I’d have preferred a a Galtier or Gallardo but I think Fonseca is a very risky appointment.

Maybe that’s all that was truly available? Who knows what other managers circumstances are? Conte would be just another pit stop.

Out of the 2 I’m pleased we got Nuno. (But hoped for better)

If Fonseca is managing Shaktar or Roma, out of sight out of mind then he gets the media/Twitter stamp of approval and therefore some on this forum. If he was managing Blackburn or Palace, or god forbid Wolves, then Twitter would have him down as the next Marco Silva and that would be the end of his chances of being accepted here.

Let’s face it if Nuno had taken a newly promoted team in any foreign league and taken them into Europe twice with some of the players he’s developed there, we’d all be calling for him. When it’s an English team though it’s not fashionable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back