New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer that this pantomime drags on the more convinced I become that all the talk of the former wolves boss or Benitez is just a smokescreen to cover up the fact that Martinez has already agreed with the powers that be to leave Belgium after the Euros and rejoin the club!

You know perfectly well that's not the reason the bulk of our fans don't want him. If another manager with his record was linked with us who had no prior connection to the RS I doubt there would be this level of fury around it. Who else is there we realistically could appoint? Do you think the people who run the club don't know this would massively controversial? The fact that we're pursuing him anyway tells you all you need to know about the alternatives we have to him at this time. Again, he wouldn't be my first, second or third choice but we are where we are and there's no point in cryarsing about it. If he gets the job we need to back him.
I think the people who run the club don’t care what we think and are looking at a safe pair of hands to protect their investment. Top 10 finishes will do nicely.

I don't spend enough time watching European football to suggest a real alternative as it’s not my job, but are you telling me that there’s not a host of better managers currently coaching a club in the top 5 leagues in Europe?? Take all those names, whittle them down to those who would consider Everton and throw a mega bucks deal at them instead. It’s not rocket science

He didn't spend 150 mil in the championship though did he. He spent 57 mil and sold 87 mil.

Most of the players he signed were players with championship experience and were brought in for squad depth as he lost a dozen players due to dropping down a division. The most expensive player being Matt Ritchie at 12 mil, which to be honest has turned out to be a bargain. Gayle at 10 mil who scored 23 goals in the championship for them.
I never said he spent £150m in championship, I said that's what he spent at Newcastle. But £57m What other championship club has that sort of money to spend? So he should have cantered to winning the league.

He didn't lose a dozen players due to dropping into the championship, he lost a dozen players cause most didn't fit into his plans, and most of the dozen went to clubs to finish their careers. And most weren't starting players. Like I've already said, he lost Sissoko, wijnaldum and Townsend as well.

It’s not just petty grudges, he’s an outdated, bang average manager who favours a dull negative style of football.

Think it takes a certain mindset in life in general to role over and accept Beni.

Like football is not an emotion mantra we will get from those supporting this alleged appointment.

Can here there plastic cries of stability is a product of Beni... Not when you have been kopite manager and gone out of your way to belittle the club you are now purporting to manage.

It's like Everton have not been stable in top flight football for decades, with one serious flirt of relegation, we are definition of the middling club.

Last edited:
He has stated he went to China as there were no top jobs available and he wanted to keep his coaching staff in work as they have families to feed.
Feed? Feeding people is not working in China mate, you can always sign Tranmere Rovers or Rotherham United. That money will still be a lot.

The longer that this pantomime drags on the more convinced I become that all the talk of the former wolves boss or Benitez is just a smokescreen to cover up the fact that Martinez has already agreed with the powers that be to leave Belgium after the Euros and rejoin the club!
No chance. If Moshiri is driving this, which looks like he is. He won’t be appointing a Manager he’s already sacked once.

The rumours suggest Kenwright wants Martinez back.

You know perfectly well that's not the reason the bulk of our fans don't want him. If another manager with his record was linked with us who had no prior connection to the RS I doubt there would be this level of fury around it. Who else is there we realistically could appoint? Do you think the people who run the club don't know this would massively controversial? The fact that we're pursuing him anyway tells you all you need to know about the alternatives we have to him at this time. Again, he wouldn't be my first, second or third choice but we are where we are and there's no point in cryarsing about it. If he gets the job we need to back him.

just cos you are ignorant of other options doesnt mean the clowns in charge have to be as well.

He has stated he went to China as there were no top jobs available and he wanted to keep his coaching staff in work as they have families to feed.

Hahaha I mean obviously untrue - he was the third highest paid manager in the world over there, he didn't go out of charity.

He went purely for the money and didn't have enough ambition to preserve his reputation and wait for a proper job. Nothing wrong with calling it as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.