New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez is terrible. Can’t organize a defence.
Bought niasse, Alcaraz, kone and mcgeady.

we were thumped all over the place and he’s trot out the same delusional evaluation ‘phenomenal’

hopeless let him please go to spurs

He’s rebuilt his reputation on having a decent run (but still not winning anything) with one of the best international teams in the world with Lukaku Hazard De Bruyne Tielemans and Courtouis in it. It’s like saying let’s hire Gareth Southgate because he got England to a World Cup semi. No one would want him and rightly so because club management and international management are different things and Martinez is an awful club manager as he proved over three seasons with us. He does not need any longer.

Normally it’s futile enough hoping to get players in early summer but we are excelling this year by not even getting a manager in early.

Martinez is terrible. Can’t organize a defence.
Bought niasse, Alcaraz, kone and mcgeady.

we were thumped all over the place and he’s trot out the same delusional evaluation ‘phenomenal’

hopeless let him please go to spurs
Have to consider the money he had to work with, which was minimal after Lukaku. Big difference between the discount squad he put together and the one we've seen since Koeman/Walsh.

Last edited:
Basically, the only people who know anything about what is going on with the Everton Managers job are Everton and everyone else should just be ignored because they get it wrong about practically everything. At this point it could literally be anyone who gets the job. Might even end up being Fonseca or Galtier for all we know. Would definitely be a lot more support if it was one of them. Just have to wait and see how it transpires. Nothing is ever easy or quick with Everton appointments.

I don’t think anyone at Everton knows what’s going on.

The longer this goes on the more you feel next season is a write off.

Its not difficult to have drawn up a list of 3-4 blokes who play the way the DOF of the club wants and interview them accordingly.

Sky know nothing so I dont believe their article but we are so slow at doing things as a club.

Honest to god some of our fans are just nuts. I guarantee a load of our fans, will go mental if he’s re-appointed. Maybe not as bad as Rafael.

But the majority haven’t t got short memories like yourself.

Solid working relationship, with the owner of the club, who’s already sacked him once, really? Are you sure.

And Mickey Mouse could manage that Belgium side, which he hasn’t really done anything special with.

the last 12/18 months of his reign were utterly depressing.
Tactically inept, shocking buys, passing across the back all game. The Positive interviews. Have you not forgotten the battering’s at Liverpool. Klopp laughing his head at 4-0 up.

Anyway I’ve
Convinced myself this is down to Bill’s own ego. And wanting to proven right, like he probably thinks his hiring of moyes, is the greatest appointment in Everton’s history.
id hope Moshiri laughed at him, when he brought his name up.
Except Martinez also played some of the best football I've seen in my entire time watching the club, including during those 11th placed seasons.

He had to deal with transitioning the squad from the Moyes era with players who were now in their 30s and questioning his methods, all whilst having very little money to bring in fresh players of any quality.

I'm saying he pushed idiotic people buttons and the one fan base you dont want to trigger is that lot vile scum that they are.
If people’s mindsets are to deliberately injure or kill people with weapons, that’s on them and them alone

What you’re doing is being libellous without proof

He’s rebuilt his reputation on having a decent run (but still not winning anything) with one of the best international teams in the world
This narrative needs knocking on the head (for now anyway)

He has managed them in ONE competition. The World Cup, where he equaled their best ever position (actually I suppose they came 3rd so he got their best finish) and regardless of who he has at his disposal a World Cup is never a gimme.

The longer this goes on the more you feel next season is a write off.

Its not difficult to have drawn up a list of 3-4 blokes who play the way the DOF of the club wants and interview them accordingly.

Sky know nothing so I dont believe their article but we are so slow at doing things as a club.
We’ve had 17 days, Spurs have had nearly two months and will be back in competitive action in a month’s time, you think their fans are writing the season off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back