New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just said above, if the plan is to announce him next week, why? What's going to change over the weekend? Are people suddenly going to want him? Ballague hinted that Usmanov wants him, thus giving more credence to who really makes the decisions. However if it's going to get done I imagine it has to be done soon.

What's that phrase "time kills projects one day at a time" or whatever it is. I would imagine the enthuasiasm they have for him slips with each passing day.

I've sold many products/services and when you have the contract out waiting for it to be signed is the most nervous part and when it starts to drag you start to worry. It is quite common for you to get to the final stage, gain agreement, have gone through drafts and suddenly the plug will be pulled.

If Benitez isn't in place tonight I just can't see them doing it. I'd imagine they've bottled the decision and they won't get the courage to make it by Monday.

To be honest, it's a bit shambolic.
I don't expect the club to give us minute by minute updates but what is shambolic for me is the lack of any transparency on who is making the decision is it usmanov ,moshiri ,brands or kenwright just like the player recruitment it seems there is no clear direction and to many cooks

It's not Benitez, That lad who is saying it's been an hour and a half interview. Pffft, I was there and it was 2 hours. See ?? Easy to wind up us Evertonians. He is clearly a red fan taking the mick and laughing at our expense. If the board hire Benitez after all the history they have no ears of the fans and deserve nothing but contempt. It ain't Benitez, It just can't be. Moshiri is a bit mad like but he would have to be bat sh1t nuts to even consider this.
I recon either Potter or Howe. Martinez would himself have to be looney toony to even consider us after his last term here. Too positive and upbeat for us.

All down to the draw. 2 Q/finals this year and we get city & Utd. Funny that was the 2 teams who beat us in them semi’s

But city and especially Utd. Have much better teams now. That Utd team in the semi was there for the taking

Palace in the final as well.

Even so though sacked after a season with two semi finals (and finished 11th). How many semi finals have we reached in the last 25 years?

It's not Benitez, That lad who is saying it's been an hour and a half interview. Pffft, I was there and it was 2 hours. See ?? Easy to wind up us Evertonians. He is clearly a red fan taking the mick and laughing at our expense. If the board hire Benitez after all the history they have no ears of the fans and deserve nothing but contempt. It ain't Benitez, It just can't be. Moshiri is a bit mad like but he would have to be bat sh1t nuts to even consider this.
I recon either Potter or Howe. Martinez would himself have to be looney toony to even consider us after his last term here. Too positive and upbeat for us.

I didn't say today was 90 minutes. I said today is running longer.

Nuno had 2 interviews and was believed to have been waiting for an offer, it never came, but they are still interested in him, they just never had as advanced talks as what they have had with Rafael, at the moment he is looking like plan b.

Rafael has had/having 5 interviews, which is very unusual, but can only be seen as very advanced discussions.

Agree with both points.

Imagine how we all felt that Carlo left us in the lurch.

Taking away all the negative connotations of the season just gone. Multiply it by 100. I felt like that when Kendall left. We were no.1 we were champions again. Then when Harvey arrived as much as it seemed 'natural' it was a terrible appointment. Everton went on a downward spiral as a club on and off the field - while other clubs embraced the PL and never looked back. Sadly we're still paying for it despite many false dawns.

Since 1990 we have been so lucky we have kept our top flight status, that is the only things we Everton can brag about. We have been left so behind it is unbelievable. Just a matter of time before Man City and Chelsea have more league titles than us. We have money now and we cannot buy a cup. A part from the sky 6 - and teams like leicester, villa, west ham, southampton, leeds, wolverhampton all think they are the same size of Everton.

Difficult not to agree with the sentiment of this by Balague even if you don't agree that Benitez forms part of the answer for us...

"It's a turning point for Everton and for owners Moshiri but mostly Usmanov. Two forces are at play and fans should consider that - those that want nothing to change and in fear of it, and those - the ambitious Usmanov included - that feel club needs an impulse from top to bottom.

"That is why they keep chatting to Benitez, who will not be scared to push the club towards a modern methodology to match more successful sides. That is the real choice - for the club and for the fans. Which side are you in? Ambitious owner? Or everything to stay put?"

I've just said above, if the plan is to announce him next week, why? What's going to change over the weekend? Are people suddenly going to want him? Ballague hinted that Usmanov wants him, thus giving more credence to who really makes the decisions. However if it's going to get done I imagine it has to be done soon.

What's that phrase "time kills projects one day at a time" or whatever it is. I would imagine the enthuasiasm they have for him slips with each passing day.

I've sold many products/services and when you have the contract out waiting for it to be signed is the most nervous part and when it starts to drag you start to worry.
It is quite common for you to get to the final stage, gain agreement, have gone through drafts and suddenly the plug will be pulled.

If Benitez isn't in place tonight I just can't see them doing it. I'd imagine they've bottled the decision and they won't get the courage to make it by Monday.

To be honest, it's a bit shambolic.
Some salesman you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back