New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Win win for the players as well. They can under perform all they want as they'll just turn around and say it was too toxic with him in charge.

They've thrown about 5 managers under the bus already so an ex rs manager will be nice and easy for this lot.

If any manager underachieves here minus a world class name the fans will largely be on their back.

Obviously with Benitez the fans will be twice as bad on his back but lets be honest its been that way since Martinez.

The fans are desperate for some form of success.

I dont want Benitez or Nuno but its ultimately not my decision so whoever gets it we have to give at least 1 season before we call for their head minus a disaster season.
Rafael won't get the same time. Imagine for a moment we are languishing in the bottom half? The atmosphere at GP would be even more toxic. As it is Rafael will be divisive from the off. I'd much rather give someone younger a go.

Difficult not to agree with the sentiment of this by Balague even if you don't agree that Benitez forms part of the answer for us...

"It's a turning point for Everton and for owners Moshiri but mostly Usmanov. Two forces are at play and fans should consider that - those that want nothing to change and in fear of it, and those - the ambitious Usmanov included - that feel club needs an impulse from top to bottom.

"That is why they keep chatting to Benitez, who will not be scared to push the club towards a modern methodology to match more successful sides. That is the real choice - for the club and for the fans. Which side are you in? Ambitious owner? Or everything to stay put?"
How does that make any sense? "If Everton want to move forward, the 63 year old Benitez who plays ultra defensive and awful to watch stuff and is completely out of touch with the modern game is the best choice to bring forth a modern methodology"?

Just saw neville’s interview of Robbie Keane and he didn’t have the best things to say about Rafael in his time at Liverpool… just one players opinion but still…

How does that make any sense? "If Everton want to move forward, the 63 year old Benitez who plays ultra defensive and awful to watch stuff and is completely out of touch with the modern game is the best choice to bring forth a modern methodology"?
Proper gaslighting that Benitez represents a modern approach . I assume he is mates with balague.

if we get Benitez we must be the only football team to hire based on proximity

like we've gone on Indeed and set the radius to 2 km

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back