New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To put things in a little more context. Spurs have been without a new Manager for much longer than Everton, have a better squad, in Europe, located in the capital. So far they have made no more progress than Everton and if the media are to be believed their top candidate now is Nuno (who most on here didn’t want) or are trying to lure Benitez out of our clutches. So is it really that simple to appoint a new Manager of the calibre required?

Yeah I think, sadly, on this one the pundits were right. Ancelotti wasn’t what we needed at the time. He’s the manager we bring in if we’re close to being title contenders. That’s a big if mind lol
That's all true but I think evidence is stacking up that Ancelotti is ( like Benitez) way past his "best by " date.

A Hollywood manager is the last thing we need.

What's required is a hard working manager who is prepared to invest time and energy to develop something lasting.

A manager who will unite playing staff and fans and develop a coherent , effective and exciting style of play.

Unfortunately we are going to get another has been , who will split the fan base asunder and who will adopt short term , negative tactics.

Add into the mix that he's a horrible RS snide who's fallen out with every Club he's been at and who sought to humiliate us .

And some posters on here wonder what the fume is about.

That's all true but I think evidence is stacking up that Ancelotti is ( like Benitez) way past his "best by " date.

What's required is a hard working manager who is prepared to invest time and energy to develop something lasting.

A manager who will unite playing staff and fans and develop a coherent , effective and exciting style of play.

Unfortunately we are going to get another has been , who will split the fan base asunder and who will adopt short term , negative tactics.

Add into the mix that he's a horrible RS snide who's fallen out with every Club he's been at and who sought to humiliate us .

It’s a bizarre appointment if it happens. Board inviting pressure on themselves and the manager really. I’ve had enough of living in interesting times tbh.

I'd say the cheating spouse one if actually a pretty good analogy here. The relationship is never quite the same. It's not to say you can't have a happy relationship afterwards and live happily etc, but it's never quite the same. I'm not sure if you ever really trust the person again. It does feel a bit this way with Benitez.
To continue on that analogy though, in those situations whenever there is any disagreement, it will always be referred back to. A bit like the small team/club thing. It's always going to be referred back to.

A couple of other points I'd add, is the media can have a field day with it. Any time Everton set up defensively away from home, that is going to be the question from the media isn't it- "did you set up to play as a small club today Rafael"? That was always the stupidity of his statement- that clubs with lesser resources have to be pragmatic, and this fella is about as pragmatic and defensive as you can get, even when managing a side with loads of resources. It might not eve be Everton fan's who cause an issue, but it is a big rod for his own back now.

The other point, is he normally gets away with his divisiveness because he can claim to get fans on board. I don't think he is going to be in that situation here at all. So some of his tricks he tries to defect attention just aren't going to work.

A bit like Allardyce, I really wouldn't be surprised if things go quite sour quite quickly, and not because of his LFC connections per se, but because of the mans character and his inability to manipulate things to suit his own ends. He is quite a dislikeable, two faced and manipulative person (a bit like Allardyce) and I think that will shine through quite quickly.
Superb post. Excellent.

As someone who speaks English as a first language I can tell you that misinterpretations are common when dealing with someone who also speaks English as a first language, especially when I try to hit an exacta or trifecta using multiple meanings of a word or use a specific word with multiple meanings in a specific way.

that’s easy for you to say….

We've always paid our managers handsomely though since Moyes. He was something daft top 10 highest paid manager in Europe. Martinez too, got a £10mill payoff also.

The Carlo thing was always a worthwhile gamble to get him in. Any top managers for us at the moment will always be headhunted, same with the players. We're not in a strong position. If Real didn't need a manger, Carlo would still be ours. It was just one of them cos of who it was

I think the point I'm making is...it's not as easy as it seems to get these managers in. Can throw names in randomly but behind the scenes is a different matter.
Perhaps, but anyone is a better option than Benitez.

10000% THIS

Language is not just about words, it's about context and cultural understanding. As someone who's wife speaks English as second language I can tell you that misinterpretations are commonplace even when the words seem to make sense.

Indeed but he knew EXACTLY what he was saying. He said it because he was annoyed at the time and it was totally intended to be a dig at us. Not a Spanish dig, but an English one. One made to annoy us and to delight RS fans.

He has since claimed that it was lost in translation because he no longer works for that lot and obviously is not a stupid man.

Indeed but he knew EXACTLY what he was saying. He said it because he was annoyed at the time and it was totally intended to be a dig at us. Not a Spanish dig, but an English one. One made to annoy us and to delight RS fans.

He has since claimed that it was lost in translation because he no longer works for that lot and obviously is not a stupid man.
Correctomundo.

He is the master of deflection.

At least he is top notch at something.

But said manager will get the boo boys on his back and he'll be sacked after 18 months when we're lower half/mid table.

Building a squad and foundations should be paramount over league positions (relegation aside obvs)

Status
Not open for further replies.