New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should ask themselves, would we want Nuno if he was still the wolves boss. Again it’s a easy fix. An out of work manager.

All of Moshiri's hires were current or ex-PL

I think he'll maintain that pattern this time round.

As with players, we can't really seem to extend to scouting in-work managers at continental clubs.

It fits with Everton in many ways, but more like Everton in the Country rather than In The Community.

Forgive me for playing devil's advocate - but wasn't Nuno a highly respected manager until he had a blip this season?

I remember serious chat about Totteringham being in for him
Yes I think so. He had back to back finishes in 7th with Wolves didn’t he? Then lost a few key players this season.

Ancelotti hadn't heard of Ben Godfrey.
Doucoure we wanted long before Ancelotti.

Sure, every manager will input (Allan/Rodriguez), especially if that manager has a relationship with a player (Silva/Richarlison) but no player or manager comes in without Brands saying yes.
Again I'm just not sure how much power he wielded in hiring Ancelotti. If Mosh pushed for it does Brands really have the clout to tell him no this is a bad idea? I'm not sure. And then if Mosh goes over his head to get his guy he's surely going to give that guy a say.

To me it is all murky.

I'm not saying Brands doesn't make any signings.

Just because it doesn't work well at Everton doesn't mean it rarely works - Everton are not at the centre of the footballing universe.

Oh and hi Richy
Oh great out of Kone, Robles, Alcaraz, McCarthy, Martina, Richarlison, Allan and James we have one definite success.

Nevermind Dendoncker in.

Only argument I could make in Moyes's favour is that he did bullet a load of the wasters at West Ham.

I don't want yet another manager coming in and being wowed by Sigurdsson turning up on time for training every day.

Just remember before Ancelloti we employed Allardyce. Then reset your expectations
If we’d given Alladyce the 6 month deal we wanted to and not got mugged off into the 2 year deal, his time at the club would be looked on very differently.
He did the job we needed.
You forget how bad we really were playing at that time.

Got us 72 points with no money, and actually plays attacking football. Assed watching super defensive, 9 men behind the ball hoofball crap anymore
he only did that on the back of Moyes's solid team from the year before. As soon as that faded he was lost and is only doing well now with a team that even the shadiest billionaire couldn't afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back