New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, sorry... Ahem...

Wah, wah, I don't like him, I'm never going again. He's dead fat and he said we were small. I hope he FAILS and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure he does. Let's go and vandalise the ground to show our disapproval. I know it's bad when they do it, but it's cool/funny when do it. Because it means more (yes, it's sad when they say it, but it's true when we say it). Let's chant and make the atmosphere toxic, organise protests, not show up, etc. I know they call us bitter, and we're really not, but let's show how bitter we are.

As long as we get our own way and we don't appoint him, it will be fine.

As long as its not Dunc. Or Martinez. Or Nuno. Or Howe. Or Dyche. Or Moyes. Or Pellegrini. Or Arteta. Or Solskjaer. Or Potter. Or Ranieri. Or Fonsecca. Or Conte. Or Lampard. Or Mourinho. Or Perreira. Or Low... Etc.
Lad? Are you ok?

I pretty much agree

I cant just switch off everton in my brain but I cant support this decision. People are allowed to be unhappy and its utterly bizarre how some seem surprised people are upset.

Would big red ever appoint Moyes, Martinez or Koeman?
Yep, people off course will be unhappy and i have nothing against others that are upset and so on-its Life. but i dont get and never will how they say they wont support us because of it, but still will do i would think. but i will always want Everton to win no matter who the boss is love him or hate him and we always have the fall back that if they dont do well, we all know like everyone that they will go in the end-and this is Everton so we could easily be looking for another boss in a few years time

Imagine..

Putting up with 26 years without a trophy

Constant false dawns

A penniless luvvy owner for over a decade knocking back investment whilst operating a sell to buy policy

3 failed stadium moves

Derby humiliations

Relegation scraps in the 90's

Selling Rooney and Arteta to pay the banks off

Spending £45 million on Siggurdsson

Going through all that and deciding that giving the manager job to a Spanish ex RS manager is the straw that broke the camels back lol

What a melon lol

Tbh as soon as Benitez took the Chelsea job he showed that he has absolutely scant regard for the respect of Kopites. He’s as much a mercenary as the rest of them. Even Mourinho took employment from United and Spurs after being a Chelsea legend. The fact Benitez is even willing to take an interview with us shows he couldn’t give one about his Liverpool connections. I’m sure the Valencia fans weren’t happy about him rocking up at Madrid either, did he care? No.

Of course that works the other way around as well. He’s not going to be a lifelong Evertonian after this, but quite frankly neither have any of our managers been since HK was last in charge. Ancelotti talked the talk then binned us off at the first opportunity. Benitez is a mercenary football manager (like they all are) who will probably put himself before any of his clubs. As long as we understand that when we get into business with him then there’s no reason an exchange can’t take place where we pay him and he improves us. If he doesn’t he’s out, but that’s the same for any manager.

The only way that fans will have this sentimental misty eyed view of the club as they remember it being decades ago is if we appointed an ex player as manager. The fact that most of them are derided as cone layers on here shows that wouldn’t go down too well either. As soon as we go ‘outside of the parish’ for a manager we run the risk that any decent manager will not want to stay here. They have no connection to Everton, they don’t care about us, we are a stepping stone for them. We got a bit lucky with Moyes, but any manager who is good, or on the pathway to being good, won’t even look at us, or if they did won’t be here long.

Benitez might still be decent (I’ve no idea to be honest). He’ll probably stick around for a bit as he’s not on the upward curve at the moment and has done a lot of his career moving (what we thought we were getting under Ancelotti) and already lives here. He has prem experience and knows how to manage poor players.

He’s ticking all of Moshiri’s and probably Brand’s boxes whether we like it or not, and was probably the reason why Moyes and Nuno were amongst the other candidates. I’d imagine Everton’s requirements were something like this:

Must negate the risk of relegation before we move to a new stadium

Low likelihood of leaving for another club, will commit to a project to see us into the stadium

Has experience managing squads of different talent levels, and preferably in the premier league

Could push the club forward to European competition qualification

Can make use of the players we already have in the squad an attract other decent players

Preferable if available and affordable as cash is probably tight after Covid.

If this is anywhere close to what Everton were looking for then it immediately rules out a whole host of managers including Conte, Potter, Howe, Martinez, even Favre.

It actually leaves quite a short list which includes Moyes and Nuno and Benitez. Considering the first two were absolutely panned on here when linked then it’s only the Liverpool connection being the only blocker as to why Benitez isn’t a good choice for the club right now.

People don’t seem to understand that we cannot take a risk in this position. We are all chips in on the new stadium, Covid has made everything more difficult, the squad is in a perilous position with the best players unfit or wanting out and the rest not very good. We cannot roll the dice on a manager who might not integrate, can’t get the squad behind him, is shocked by the prem, or needs 100s of millions on players to implement his philosophy and can’t get results in the mean time.

I kind of see your thinking but of the managers left at the Euros there isn't anyone that stands out. It won't be Martinez as one of the things Moshiri did was show him the door, Mancini has just signed a 5 year deal, Southgate wants to extend his stay,
De Boer has already failed in the Premier League and Loew has said he isn't going back to club management which leaves Luis Enrique and maybe the Croatia boss.
True but you never know in football... I was thinking it could be Martinez, Mancini or Loew, and possibly Southgate but as per your reply, probably not but as I say, you just never know in football... ;)

Yep, people off course will be unhappy and i have nothing against others that are upset and so on-its Life. but i dont get and never will how they say they wont support us because of it, but still will do i would think. but i will always want Everton to win no matter who the boss is love him or hate him and we always have the fall back that if they dont do well, we all know like everyone that they will go in the end-and this is Everton so we could easily be looking for another boss in a few years time

It will probably be a few months, nevermind years. There is no way Benitez gets the benefit of the doubt when we hit a bad run. Another reason why it's a ridiculous choice

The club have played a blinder here. Dosed out the appointment of Benitez gradually and now have fans at a point where there's grudging acceptance.

They get one thing about us: we dont do, by and large, mass scale revolt in the way that the Kopites do. They know we're more level headed and that - given a bit of time to get our heads around the situation - opposition will abate and acceptance will follow. Only over Johnson's ownership and the move to Kirkby has a revolt been sustained.

That Hancock bloke looks like he'll be available soon. Apparently takes a hands on approach, gets a grip on the essentials, also described as a 'true blue'.
He won't be, the players will be made up with his appointment, he is so unpopular with over half the fans that they will just throw him under the bus if he tries to exert any discipline with them.

He really is an easy mark for players with a history of downing tools.
Wouldn’t it be nice for a manager to hold the power at a club who ever he may be do you think City and the dark side players have the power at that club ,we need someone again whoever it is to change this down tool mentality that has got us we’re we are today

Tbh as soon as Benitez took the Chelsea job he showed that he has absolutely scant regard for the respect of Kopites. He’s as much a mercenary as the rest of them. Even Mourinho took employment from United and Spurs after being a Chelsea legend. The fact Benitez is even willing to take an interview with us shows he couldn’t give one about his Liverpool connections. I’m sure the Valencia fans weren’t happy about him rocking up at Madrid either, did he care? No.

Of course that works the other way around as well. He’s not going to be a lifelong Evertonian after this, but quite frankly neither have any of our managers been since HK was last in charge. Ancelotti talked the talk then binned us off at the first opportunity. Benitez is a mercenary football manager (like they all are) who will probably put himself before any of his clubs. As long as we understand that when we get into business with him then there’s no reason an exchange can’t take place where we pay him and he improves us. If he doesn’t he’s out, but that’s the same for any manager.

The only way that fans will have this sentimental misty eyed view of the club as they remember it being decades ago is if we appointed an ex player as manager. The fact that most of them are derided as cone layers on here shows that wouldn’t go down too well either. As soon as we go ‘outside of the parish’ for a manager we run the risk that any decent manager will not want to stay here. They have no connection to Everton, they don’t care about us, we are a stepping stone for them. We got a bit lucky with Moyes, but any manager who is good, or on the pathway to being good, won’t even look at us, or if they did won’t be here long.

Benitez might still be decent (I’ve no idea to be honest). He’ll probably stick around for a bit as he’s not on the upward curve at the moment and has done a lot of his career moving (what we thought we were getting under Ancelotti) and already lives here. He has prem experience and knows how to manage poor players.

He’s ticking all of Moshiri’s and probably Brand’s boxes whether we like it or not, and was probably the reason why Moyes and Nuno were amongst the other candidates. I’d imagine Everton’s requirements were something like this:

Low likelihood of leaving for another club, will commit to a project to see us into the stadium

Has experience managing squads of different talent levels, and preferably in the premier league

Can make use of the players we already have in the squad an attract other decent players

If this is anywhere close to what Everton were looking for then it immediately rules out a whole host of managers including Conte, Potter, Howe, Martinez, even Favre.

It actually leaves quite a short list which includes Moyes and Nuno and Benitez. Considering the first two were absolutely panned on here when linked then it’s only the Liverpool connection being the only blocker as to why Benitez isn’t a good choice for the club right now.

People don’t seem to understand that we cannot take a risk in this position. We are all chips in on the new stadium, Covid has made everything more difficult, the squad is in a perilous position with the best players unfit or wanting out and the rest not very good. We cannot roll the dice on a manager who might not integrate, can’t get the squad behind him, is shocked by the prem, or needs 100s of millions on players to implement his philosophy and can’t get results in the mean time.

Also I could understand the fume if we appointed a genuine Red like Danny Murphy or Gerrard who are on record as hating Everton/Evertonians.

Benitez isn't one of those - he literally made a jibe in the heat of the moment at how we played against them.

The LFC connection is literally the least of my worries with the bloke - I just want someone in the prime of their career who is ambitious not entering their twilight years which is what Ancelotti/Benitez currently are.

Best post in a massive thread.

I'm ok about Rafael but then I don't have to live and work with kopites.
As far as I can gather he doesn't take any nonsense from players and is likely to introduce some steel into the team which is all good for me.

Also I could understand the fume if we appointed a genuine Red like Danny Murphy or Gerrard who are on record as hating Everton/Evertonians.

Benitez isn't one of those - he literally made a jibe in the heat of the moment at how we played against them.

The LFC connection is literally the least of my worries with the bloke - I just want someone in the prime of their career who is ambitious not entering their twilight years which is what Ancelotti/Benitez currently are.
Yikes I think I agree

True but you never know in football... I was thinking it could be Martinez, Mancini or Loew, and possibly Southgate but as per your reply, probably not but as I say, you just never know in football... ;)
Very true mate. I had a dream that Mancini was our manager and Ancelotti had gone back to Madrid about a week before he left!

Status
Not open for further replies.